Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Strikes Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Strikes Again

I've been following all of the Masterbuilt 560/1050 discussions here with a bit of envy. Yesterday I happened to look at my Air Canada Aeroplan account and noticed that I could get a 560 using nothing but points. Since I have well north of 500K points and I'm in no rush to travel for a while, I pulled the trigger. Can't wait to get it! I'm going to sell my Traeger PRO34 to make room for it. :-) Whoo hoo!

Go for the bigger one ,,,,,,,,
    ( fuel the desire )

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have but they only offer the 560.

Mow you have stirred the Pit with MCS!

Comment

I bet it will be contagious...

And congrats!

Comment

I am checking my points availability now......

Comment

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
          I've been following all of the Masterbuilt 560/1050 discussions here with a bit of envy. Yesterday I happened to look at my Air Canada Aeroplan account and noticed that I could get a 560 using nothing but points. Since I have well north of 500K points and I'm in no rush to travel for a while, I pulled the trigger. Can't wait to get it! I'm going to sell my Traeger PRO34 to make room for it. :-) Whoo hoo!
          i can tell you first hand that 560 will cook

Comment

I looked at the new 560/1050 at Academy yesterday..they both had the new switches/and firebox grate..the firebox itself looks improved..did not notice any other changes..
            on mine ive made almost every mod one can do..this pit is absolutely a great cooker..

Comment

Congrats, I have no doubt you'll enjoy it. It's a fun cooker and the food is top notch. I recommend picking up some Fatwood sticks, they work perfect to light it as shown in my review.

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw a video of a guy using a paper towel with some veg oil. Seemed to work great.

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                These ones also fit perfectly.

Rutland 50B Safe Lite Fire Starter Squares, 144 Squares https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00138MO16

Nice. If I am right, you should get the one with the upgraded parts so that will be very interesting. Would like to hear your thoughts for sure.

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll let you know and report on it.

Very nice, I look forward to seeing your cooks and your opinion how the cooker works for you.

Comment

Congratulations! Enjoy your New Cooker!

Comment

I wonder if you caught it from me? Congratulations!

Comment

You've got a lot of fun in store. You must feel like a kid at Christmas. Enjoy!

Kathryn

Comment

• pkadare
                      pkadare commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Kathryn! That's exactly how I feel. I can't wait for it to arrive. Managed to sell the Traeger for $500 between 4:00 am when the sale posts went up on FB and Kijiji and 5:00 am when it sold. I've even got two interested buyers lined up in case the first one falls through. :-)

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like kismet. Buh-bye Traeger.

Kathryn

Are sure, sale you Traeger? Wow, that must be one great cooker.
                    Happy Grilling to you and long live BBQ.

Comment

• pkadare
                      pkadare commented
                      Editing a comment
                      To be honest, the Traeger rarely gets used. I also have a PBC, a Big Steel Key, a Napoleon Prestige Pro 500, a Napoleon kettle, and a Blackstone Combo. While the Traeger worked just fine, like a lot of others, I find the smoke profile to be just too light. The Masterbuilt Gravity series work just like a pellet pooper but you get the benefits of using charcoal, real wood, and since it can get north of 700*F, real searing ability. Now that they've fixed what seem to be the 3 main problems...

• pkadare
                      pkadare commented
                      Editing a comment
                      crappy door open detection switches, gaps too big in the tray that holds the burning fuel, and early wear on the hopper (porcelain coated now) this is looking to be exactly what I wanted the Traeger to be.

Congratulations. Make sure you share some pics!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here