Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone change out the cast iron grates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone change out the cast iron grates?

I got a 1050 in the last month or so and am already tired of cleaning the cast iron grates. Has anyone changed them to stainless steel? If so, what did you end up going with? Thanks!

There are these ones...

Polarbear777 has these ones which are ProGrates and he considers them very burly.

Joe also builds some very nice and reasonably priced ones that are custom for the smoker.

Attached Files

Comment

I still have the stock grates and haven’t gotten around to upgrading them yet.

Comment

I would not recommend to change them because cast iron grates last longer, they provide awesome non stick properties while stainless steel are easy to clean. If you are on a budget then do stick with cast iron grill grates. A good explanation has been added on the link below which explains the difference between both and what you should choose.

Explore premium cooking wood options for grilling mastery. Find the best kiln dried wood, delivery services, and tips for the perfect BBQ.

Moreover, cleaning grill grates is not that difficult if you done it the right way. I have personally experienced cleaning grills grates with vinegar, it's easy and the results are amazing. It reduces the efforts of scrubbing and provide the ease to clean. A good guide on it is explained in the link attached. Do give it a read and it will save your time and money.

Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here