Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new HastyBake 357 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Looking forward to hearing about your 357 adventures

• perry green
    replied
    Hah! Thanks!!!
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• tiewunon
    replied
    Congrats on the new cooker. I enjoy my Gourmet 257 alot. Have only had one wild ride/kabuki dance temp wise since I picked it up.

Leave a comment:

• perry green
    replied
    Thank you!!! Yes the seal on the 357 looks pretty tight. Gonna do it this weekend. I'll let you know how it went

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    10 years ago, when I got my Gourmet, I wiped the interior with a light coat of vegetable oil (canola, I think), loaded the firebox with about 1 full weber chimney of lump charcoal and burned it until it was gone. I kept the firebox high up and distributed the lump evenly and let the cooker run like that until all the charcoal was burnt out.

After I did that, I started cooked normally on it. At the beginning, I had a lot of temp control issues. I solved those through sealing the firebox door. I don't think you should have to do that on the 357

Leave a comment:

• perry green
    replied
    Thanks for the response. You know I just might do both. I never thought to use pam. On my WSM's it was just a couple of big honker fatties. Something cheap that I didn't care about.

(But hey if they turn out I'll eat 'em!)

BTW Did you wipe out and burn off all the factory crap first? It's such a big cooker and it's winter. Feelin' kind of lazy in the cold...

Leave a comment:

• Smoldering Flea
    replied
    Going through the same process. Being stainless, i don't think you need to season as you would more rust-susceptible materials, but thus far temperature control has been a doozy. There's a guy on the FB group with a 357 who seems to have his temperatures locked in and the inside of his was almost all black with residue. I doubt you can get that with a coating of pam, so i think the your fattie idea is the right one.

Leave a comment:

• perry green
    started a topic Brand new HastyBake 357 Pro

Brand new HastyBake 357 Pro

Hi I just received and put together a hasty bake 357 pro. Wondering about seasoning it like my other cookers.
    I'm sure I need to wipe it down and light it up to burn off the factory residue but should I wipe season it with cooking oil / fat etc?
    Just cook a couple of fatties? Hope this is in the right category...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here