Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasty Bake Nomad 250 Pro Charcoal Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I hadn't even considered the PK, Jim jfmorris . I want something sturdy so the little ones can't tip it off its ledge (built-in) , which is why I haven't gifted them a small charcoal grill.

And yes, those Grill Grates come with. It comes with 2 sets of grates, from what I can tell from the photos-- hashmark-patterned, and Grill Grates as well as a grate extender.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Interesting cooker, and beautiful with all that stainless! Does it come with the Grillgrates shown in the photos? Price is not much more than the PKGO that would probably fit in the spot the previous owner left.

The one thought I have is.... since there is a spot for a PK, and the PK is also portable, and can smoke (at least small amounts) in addition to grilling, is that an option you want to consider for them?

I do like that it has a latch to stay shut. I think you have to bungee the PK grills closed for travel.
    Last edited by jfmorris; July 5, 2020, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    started a topic Hasty Bake Nomad 250 Pro Charcoal Grill

Hasty Bake Nomad 250 Pro Charcoal Grill

This is looking interesting to me, the Hasty Bake Nomad 250 Pro for its size and portability. Sort of a fancy schmancy Smokey Joe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nomadfront_1024x1024.jpg?v=1592944994.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	875567
    Click image for larger version  Name:	open_1024x1024.jpg?v=1592944954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	875568

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_120024.jpg Views:	3 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	875569

It's small but nice for searing and cooking for two, perhaps. We're thinking about getting it for my daughter and son-in-law whose outdoor kitchen has the perfect space for it. At present, they have a built-in Viking gasser and small Viking range; the previous owners built a spot for a portable HastyBake which they took with them. This could be the perfect replacement. With a toddler and a newborn and busy professions, they don't really have the time to dabble in outdoor cooking, and this might be a way introduce them to charcoal grilling on a small scale. Plus they can take it tailgating whenever that begins again.

Cooking area is 150 sq inches, comparable to the 147 sq inches of the Smokey Joe.

Retails for $399.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; July 5, 2020, 06:20 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here