Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Can a Hasty-Bake Cook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Can a Hasty-Bake Cook?

Today I cooked 8 hamburgers and 16 brats and had tons of room left.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2A1AC796-C675-48D7-9146-20FBB7368D5F.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	518169

That’s impressive.

Comment

Sweeeeet!

Comment

You askin or tellin.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Both :-)

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, a lot! Yeah, a lot.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I cooked four pork butts in there once

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200107_114633.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	851704

Plus this... Click image for larger version

Name:	20200107_122349.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	851705

It required a bit of rearranging as The Hams came off before the Pork Butt, Ribs, & Brisket. So did the rib trimmings in the CIDO. Rotated several chubs of bologna thru out the cook.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Very impressive amounta food ya gots goin on there, Brother!
          CIDO, I'm likin that acronym, kinda jus rolls offa th tongue, has a certain 'ring' to it.
          Bologna (YUM!) looks to possibly be of th Garlic n Cheese variety???
          Rib remnants cookin dry in yer CIDO, or braisin?
          Checked both my snail an email, didn't see no invite.? wth?
          Way to load that rascal up, an manage a multiple cook, Sir.

• journeymanjohn
          journeymanjohn commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones It is an all beef boloney... was just fairly fatty. Dry on the rib trimmings....they overcooked a bit, but didn't go to waste. Will likely braise next time.

This was actually a cook from back in mid January. I saw the title of the thread, and had to post up the photo.

Jalapeño beef ribs went to the brother. Brisket, boloney, and salt and pepper beef ribs went to the parents. I got the rib trimmings, hams, and pork butts. 1lb vacuum packages.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Danged glad ya posted it up, John.

January don't make no difference from today, still an impressive job, done well by yer capable hands, an cookin skillz, Good Sir.
          Far as braisin goes, sometimes I mix up as a spritz equal parts Black-Arsed Coffee, Guinness Extry Stout, Apple Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, but there's a million trillion Gazillion other ways to skin that cat.
          Jus make it yer own, an fit th flavour profile that ya got goin on, rub-wise, wood smoke wise.

Yeah, that’s a lot. We now know the answer. I will rest well tonight!

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          No time for resting. We still don't know how much wood a wood chuck could chuck...

30 lbs of pork butt fits with room to spare

Click image for larger version

Name:	63E7AB27-8DC7-40CB-93DE-77D7A1251EE8.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	851868

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Might I casually recommend smokin up some beans? Fer that spare space, an additional Thermal Mass, both, natch lol...

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones seems like a missed opportunity for sure

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Was jus askin, on accoutnta all that ther delicious lookin smoke seemed to be lookin fer some beans to play with.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here