Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips for a new Hasty Bake owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips for a new Hasty Bake owner?

Hi David, I mistakenly posted these questions in equipment reviews but they probably belong here? I'm a new HB Legacy owner and wonder if you have any tips to share. I put a water pan on the fire grate and used the deflector for smoking ribs and a brisket with good results. I was wondering about putting a second water pan like MH shows for the Weber either on the cooking grate or on top of the deflector. Do you always use the deflector for smoking or only if you are using the cooking grate over the fire? Also, do you set up the fire for long cooks with unlit charcoal or do you add only fully lit coals? I don't like the smell of when charcoal starts burning so I figure it can't be good for the meat...but I have never made a direct comparison. Thanks. Bill

I have one -- enjoy yourself! From everything I've seen and read, the Hasty-Bake is the ultimate charcoal grill. I'm jealous!

Comment

Bill you got it right. It helps under the equipment review to help other users with a possible purchase.

Comment

Bill I've responded on the equipment page. It's OK to post here as well. As Jerod said, "what grill should I purchase" conversations go on the equipment pages, but it's OK to post questions here if you own the grill and want more information. Since I already responded on the equipment page let's keep the conversation going there. Perhaps at some point you can collect all the HB info you have and post it here for other HB owners to benefit from.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Comment

Guys, can you help me out? I cannot find this post on the equipment review page and I am planning on getting a HB Fiesta when I get my kitchen in order and would like as much info as possible.

Comment

Found it, guess I didn't look well enough or refresh enough since the top post was from 2 months ago. Thanks

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              The 2 mo old post is a Featured Post, which will stay at the top until moderatros remove it. The most current comments on any page will always be under the white comment box you type into. As long as you have "Sort by Newest" order in place.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here