Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasty-Bake Grill Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasty-Bake Grill Grates

Recently Hasty-Bake started selling custom grill grates that fit their various grills. You replace the stainless grate over the direct side with the grill grate. Considering that I can achieve 800F with Kingsford Pro charcoal, I wonder what the outcome will be with a grill grate? Also, I wonder how it would affect the indirect and convection temps, etc.

@CountofQ or anybody else with a Hasty-Bake .... have you got the grill grates or considering getting them? Thoughts?

This is what it looks like once you install the Grill Grate instead of the regular stainless grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62E9C4F8-648E-4D56-802A-6627FBBBEDF0.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	403255

Looks like "trubba on the hoof"!

Comment

I contacted GrillGrates before I purchased GGs for my kettle. They say that the GGs can take up to 1200*.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, I wonder if I can actually get them that hot with Kingsford Pro or some kind of lump charcoal? Heck, I wouldn’t need to cook indirect at all to turn out a rare filet mignon.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here