Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasty bake Roughneck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasty bake Roughneck

This question is for Max Good , have you got your hands on the new Hasty bake barrel smoker..

Google hasn't even heard of this thing, best I can tell. Do you have a link?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/nickrparsons/videos/468411978657822?idorvanity=907308639333970
      50 minute mark.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Content is only visible to members...

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        This Video Isn't Available Anymore
        The link may be broken or the video may have been removed. You can explore more videos or try logging into facebook.com and then visiting the link again.

Haven't heard of that one. I have a message into HB for info.

Comment

Holmespro96 You are correct sir! Hasty Back hopes to roll out Roughneck by the end of the month. Of course we will cover it, but we're a little backed up now and can't start until after the holidays. Stay tuned!

Comment

• mrichie1229
          mrichie1229 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here, here! Maybe instead of the monthly give away, you get the opportunity to review a piece of equipment. Could be a new smoker, could be a new oven mitt. You roll the dice each month...

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate your enthusiasm guys. Be careful what you wish for. Doing an AmazingRibs.com Review ain't no backyard BBQ.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I prefer to let the AR pros do the equipment reviews. :-)

Thanks...

Comment

I pre-ordered one. They are supposed to ship mid December.

Comment

How’s this thing work? Is it designed to primarily hang meet from, like PBC, or racks, like a WSM?

Hard to tell from the description and photos. The grates look like they only cover half of the available cooking space.

Comment

• 70monte
              70monte commented
              Editing a comment
              It comes with a full top grate to lay meat on and also comes with a hanging rack so you can hang meat. You can get a second full lower grate as an accessory.

Here ya go sports fans, Hasty Bake posted this intro video yesterday: (3) Kent Rollins Roughneck Barrel Smoker - YouTube

If MCS has it's power over you keep in mind that they also offer a 10% discount for Military and First responders..........yay to them for their recognition.

Even though the vid claims the grates are cast iron, apparently something prompted a change.........they now list the grates as laser cut stainless steel, and the second set add on is out of stock for now.

Comment

• CHNeal
              CHNeal commented
              Editing a comment
              Well crap….I’m a kettle guy…I’m a kettle guy…I’m a kettle guy…

• Livermoron
              Livermoron commented
              Editing a comment
              Military discount, eh?

Hmmm....

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              I have desired a Hasty Bake for years and with retirement looming this may just be the gift to myself.

Oh geez. I WILL resist! I WILL resist! I WILL resist! Yeah right….. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Comment

Soooo a thermometer is an option? I will have to talk to my local dealer to see if he will be receiving any floor models so I can go kick the tires.

Comment

• CHNeal
                CHNeal commented
                Editing a comment
                How about when I get a chance and can plan a trip up I reach out and maybe we can gab lunch at the bbq place?

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                CHNeal Ha! Yeah, I know the feeling. Every time I head over there to stock up charcoal, my wife always tells me, "NO MORE RUBS OR SAUCES UNTIL YOU USE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE!" Ha! Since I'm not good at following directions, I usually come home with a rub or sauce. Every other trip I usually pick up some duck fat spray.

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                CHNeal I will PM my number.

Above I made the comment that the grate material changed just recently. Yesterday, on their FB page the story about the iron works pulling the rug out was told: (6) Facebook

Here's a pic of the new lazer cut grates:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	roughneck grates.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1357174

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Those grates are purty! I could see this replacing my WSM 22

• 70monte
                70monte commented
                Editing a comment
                My Roughneck came with the cast iron grates but I ordered these as well and they are very nice. Very well made and should last forever.

That slide out firebox and wheels makes for a really great design. Plus, the overall patina look sure is pretty. Well done Hasty Bake.

I wonder about how tight the box is given Hasty’s propensity for leaks though. This is probably the biggest reason to hold back IMO.

The price is expensive but not hugely out of line given the higher-quality construction. Maybe ol’ Kent is taking a discount on his royalty check.

https://www.hastybake.com/collection...-barrel-smoker
              Last edited by STEbbq; January 6, 2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                Uncle Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                It doesn't leak much air/smoke. The simple design probably contributes. The seals on the lid and fuel compartment door work well. There is a small amount of leakage where the upper front panel and the main body are joined. Some RTV squished in behind will probably take care of that if it's a worry.

I preach the word of the Weber Kettle, but when it’s dark and quiet my mind wanders to thoughts of a Lang 36-48 patio. I’m guessing there will be one of these next to the Lang in my next dream…

Comment

• mrichie1229
                mrichie1229 commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't think of it as cheating; it's just some harmless flirting. That is until you bring that Lang home...

• Oak Smoke
                Oak Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                I just saw a 36 Lang on Craigslist for $850.

Originally posted by IFindZeroBadCooks View Post
              That slide out firebox and wheels makes for a really great design. Plus, the overall patina look sure is pretty. Well done Hasty Bake.

I wonder about how tight the box is given Hasty’s propensity for leaks though. This is probably the biggest reason to hold back IMO.

The price is expensive but not hugely out of line given the higher-quality construction. Maybe ol’ Kent is taking a discount on his royalty check.

https://www.hastybake.com/collection...-barrel-smoker
              The lid and door have gaskets on them so there is no leaking. It's also very fuel efficient. I have done one cook so far on mine and it turned out very good. I'm doing a rack of ribs on it tomorrow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here