Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasty Bake Legacy 132 buying advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasty Bake Legacy 132 buying advice?

Wanted to get this group’s opinion. My neighbor is offering me his like new HB Legacy 132 for $850. Seems like a great rig and deal, have read about HB and sounds like they’re very versatile.

I’ve been smoking on my Weber Smokey Mountain, and am thinking this HB would be great for grilling and smoking (ribs, pork, brisket).

Thank you in advance!

Seems like a hell of a good price. Go for it!!

Comment

Hasty Bake makes Meathead's favorite charcoal grill.

Comment

They retail for $1999, so price is great BUT only if you want/need it. H-B has a great following in this area as they are made in Tulsa. Most people love them, a few people are disappointed in them as they are a little different than anything else.

Comment

Arni Tex likes them.
          The Best BBQ Grill? - Hasty Bake Unboxing and Review - YouTube
          Happy BBQing to you

Comment

Is that the powder coated or stainless steel Legacy? The price is solid for powder coated, and stellar for stainless steel.

I cook on a Hasty-Bake Gourmet and a WSM. Love them both for smoking, although each has its own quirks and habits. For daily grilling and grilling for saturday get togethers, the HB is my hands down choice.

Comment

Thank you everyone. It was for the stainless. After reading a number of posts and video reviews, I decided not to get it. I’m very adept at controlling temps on Weber kettle and the HB seemed like a whole other technique to master. Will probably relook at the SnS Kamado again. I also have the PK360, which is awesome, just not a lot of grate real estate.

Comment

ooooops, didn't notice you said 132 .... that's a really great price for that. You should buy it for $850 and then sell it to someone else for a profit LOL

It is different, for sure. But once you get it figured out, the Hasty is a grilling and smoking beast.

In that price range, or a few bucks more, I think I'd look at the SnS Kamado if you don't want to go down the Hasty-Bake road.

Comment

That is a great price for a 132. I probably would have bought it even though I have a Legacy 131.

Arnie actually prefers the 131 over the 132. I believe he said that it's because the 132 gets too hot and is harder to control temps on.

Harry Soo recently had a 132 that he did some cooks on but I think he has since sold it.

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I think the Gourmet 256 with powder coated body probably makes a difference, too.

Go for it. You will regret passing such a deal!

Comment

So, have ya done yer first cook on yer new Hasty Bake, yet???

I'd buy em All Day Long, at that price, Brother!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 30, 2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Someone in the FB Hasty Bake group posted the link to what I believe is this grill. Still not sold.

Comment

Main drawback on Hasty Bakes are they need to have a cover when out in the elements,or stored out of the weather

Comment

• 70monte
                          70monte commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The 132 is a stainless model and they are not affected as much being stored outside without a cover.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here