Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arbor Fabricators Charcoal Assembly WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arbor Fabricators Charcoal Assembly WSM

Has anyone tried this product? Do you think it would fit with the standard water tray given the height? Do you have a better suggestion for increasing fuel capacity for longer cooks on WSM22?

Never seen this, but thanks for posting. I think I may get the minion starter even if I don't get the grate - it will be way easier than using a coffee can.

I have an 18.5, and I get 12-14 hours on a full standard basket of KBB charcoal using a party q (now digi q) fan set up from BBQ Guru. Without the fan, I get more like 8-12 hours depending on the weather. So a fan set up may get you longer burn time.

Comment

• Rob Reid
      Rob Reid commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that the Minion Starter is a good buy.

I have a FireBoard running the Pit Viper fan. Just ordered a gasket kit. I’m getting enough hours to cook most of the time without adding more KBB during the cook.

on my WSM 22 with the Cajun Bandit charcoal ring, I get 12-14 hours from a full load of KBB without a fan. That said, I love the minion starter and definitely going to get this.

Also, I went through all the pictures they have and they show one with the fully assembled WSM, water pan in place, and their charcoal ring. So, assume it fits fine.

Comment

I bought the one for the 18” WSM. I love it!! I got the minion basket too.

Comment

I picked up the charcoal basket and the minion starter for the 18" wsm, and it works as advertised. The minion starter holds about 1/2 chimney of lit coals. I did some ribs with it yesterday and while it ran a little hotter than normal - up around 280 - it just meant the ribs were done a little quicker. I like the charcoal basket a lot for clean up - I was able to shake the ash out and pour the leftover coals directly into my storage can after they were completely cool. The only drawback is that the edges are sharp. You have to either wear gloves while handling the parts or be very careful. The water pan fits just fine. Here are a couple of pics:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201024_111615.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	929342
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201024_111612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.42 MB ID:	929343
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201024_111554.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.94 MB ID:	929344
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201024_112519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.57 MB ID:	929345
        Last edited by klflowers; October 25, 2020, 07:32 PM. Reason: Added water pan fits just fine.

Comment

• Porkies
          Porkies commented
          Editing a comment
          It might not be worth the effort/time, but you could try using a dremel to smooth the edges.

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          My dremel hasn't been used since my son was a cub scout, and he is 23 now lol

Do you have an older WSM with the shallow water pan or the newer version with the deep pan?

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, zupanj, I just saw this. I have the deep water pan and it fits just fine. I have the basket sitting on the original charcoal grate, and the top of the basket is still a little below the top of the bottom section of the wsm.
          Last edited by klflowers; November 13, 2020, 01:33 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here