Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFlynn
    replied
    Appreciate that insight! May do that next time. I'm also thinking that I'll get a darker bark back home on the PBC.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    Yup...forget the steaming step and smoke it all the way. Treat like anything else and wrap if you’re happy with the bark, or just go unwrapped.

Leave a comment:

• Stuey1515
    replied
    Nice job mate, that looks juicy & tender.
    I've had a few cracks at Pastrami with varying results. I was convinced by some posts here to simplify the process and don't bother with the steaming part. 24hrs dry brine a quality corned beef with the rub of choice, then on the smoker and cook it to 203/probe tender, no wrap.
    Pics below show my last effort, the meat was like Hi-Vis orange when it came out of the fridge. Came out of the smoker with the bark all dark & firm. Everyone was making the right noises and nodding with cheeks full, sitting around the table.

Just my two cents worth if you are chasing a firmer bark

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4335.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	910962Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4338.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	910963

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Pastrami is pretty good. Love the flavor. Super tender.
    Bark is a little light and a little soft. But will definitely do again.

Not bad for a first time. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_181502.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	910754

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    commented on 's reply
    I used that bc that's what's already here. But it's worked out pretty well.

• JGo37
    replied
    I like your fuel combo - I use that flavor profile often. Everything looks grate! (see what I did there?)

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper and with an ever increasing internal cu.ft to surface area ratio......mucho heat retention without much thickness

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod Broussard just imagine if there were a WSM 26!

• Greygoose
    replied
    All looks good to me !!!!

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Pastrami is off. Bark wasnt set at 150. Took it to 165.
    In the fridge now. Will be steamed tonight for supper. Still wish the bark was a little darker....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_113455.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	910538

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    commented on 's reply
    We're about to cut into it for lunch.

• DavidEmpey
    replied
    BFlynn that turkey looks delicious!

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Turkeys done - POG and Rudy's rub on the outside Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_110516.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	910525

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    commented on 's reply
    I'd have to have more mouths to feed!

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Just think what you could load up on a 26 WSM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here