Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New addition to the family - WSM 22.5 cook pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to the family - WSM 22.5 cook pics

Morning, all!

This is a follow up from my last post, in which I wanted to share some of the break-in smoking pics that's been keeping the WSM busy this week.

Started with smoked chicken on Monday, and bacon and pork belly burnt ends yesterday. Have 3 racks of ribs I'll do tomorrow, and not sure what else for the weekend

I plan on getting the new Fireboard v2 in a couple of weeks, but just testing it out with a couple of "dry runs" before actually smoking anything really impressed me. This thing is a best, and really holds temp extremely well. I did buy the Cajun bandit door, which immediately made a difference - it fits like a glove.

Thanks for all the recommendations and tips, folks! And for those on the fence...get the 22.5", you won't regret it!
    Attached Files

Yowzer! That's how to break a cooker in! Nice!

Comment

Mmmmm....looks good

Comment

That all looks great! I was *this* close to pulling the trigger to buy a 22.5" WSM several months ago, but part of the deal with SWMBO was selling my Ranch kettle. I even had an interested buyer for that, but I just wasn't ready to part with it. I still might do it someday, because I really want that big WSM.
        Last edited by Steve R.; June 25, 2020, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Looks beautiful. Now you need to add some personal touches like personalized walnut handles, cooker handles (so you can lift the cooker up to add charcoal), wheels and a lid hinge. And don't forget the rib hanger from gateway. Love that thing.
          Last edited by TripleB; June 25, 2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• scottdware
            scottdware commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I thought about getting the rib hanger, along with some handles, maybe...so many options

• TripleB
            TripleB commented
            Editing a comment
            Adding handles to the cooking section is a must...IMHO. I've done long smokes on my WSM where I had to add fuel, stir, etc. Normal garage door handles work well and no drilling. They attach where the grates bolt on.

All of this looks great.

Comment

Fantastic addition!
            Great looking cook!

Comment

Nice rig! Nice work! Bet there was some good eatin!

Comment

• scottdware
                scottdware commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! Yeah it is

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here