Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Viper + WSM 18 - Necessary to drill a hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Viper + WSM 18 - Necessary to drill a hole?

howdy folks, new to the WSM family here, I'm pretty well settled on a pit viper + fireboard combo for my WSM 18, but I have gotten mixed messages in my research. to install the pit viper, do i need to drill an additional hole, or can i plug and play on the existing vent and cover the 2 open spots?

Yep, just use one of the vents on the bottom and plug the other 2. I use high temp duct tape to seal the vents. You'll need the adapter for the wsm too. I have the cyber q, which I guess they don't sell anymore. It isn't mentioned on the site.

https://bbqguru.com/storenav/gurucoo...=181&kitId=393

Comment

You'll need to buy the Weber adapter from BBQ guru which fits in a hole in the bottom vent into which you'll put the fan. Then you'll need to plug the other two holes. I haven't done it but I'm sure others have some creative ways to plug the other two holes up.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi temp duct tape :-)

The Weber adapter from BBQGuru.com *should* come with some metal foil tape, that you can use. You close two vents on the bottom of the WSM, and tape the 3 unused holes on the vent you install the guru adapter in. No drilling is required, and the fan moves all the air it needs through one hole in one bottom vent.

It is the third or fourth video on this page:

View FAQ’s, troubleshooting tips, helpful articles and more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here