Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Family - 18" WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Family - 18" WSM

Brought home a new-to-me 18" WSM today. The husband of a co-worker bought it a few years ago, and used it 2, maybe 3 times. He bought a PBC and likes it better. For a very reasonable price, the WSM came home with me. If there wasn't some ash residue in the bowl, you could have convinced me it is brand new.

First cook tomorrow morning, pork butt.

New family picture with the older brother Performer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200501_195628_01.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	840576

Sweet score, Brother! Yer gonna love it, I'd haveta reckon...I surely do love mine!

Comment

• Driverdan
      Driverdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! That was my first smoker also!

Congrats.

Comment

Nice. Great smoker...even better when it’s a deal. There’s a reason it’s been copied, and has helped people win countless awards. Enjoy!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Nice, have fun with that New Cooker! Good looking Family too.
          Last edited by Skip; May 2, 2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Congrats on your new addition!

Comment

Great get. Congrats. Check out www.virtualweberbullet.com for mods, methods, recipes, etc. Good website for WSM.

Comment

Thank you everyone! Cooking pork butt on it as we speak.

Comment

Finished up the inaguraul cook. I have to say, this is the best result I have ever had with cooking a pork butt. That is the cleanest bone I have ever had.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200502_212127.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	841075

Comment

• Razor
                    Razor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Get used to that. Hard to screw that up on a WSM. 😁👍

Bravo, Nicely Done, Brother!
                  Th WSM's is some Great Cookers.

Comment

Great first cook man!

Congrats on the new rig. What did you think?

Comment

• crazytown3
                      crazytown3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It really is a great smoker, and I am very happy to have it. I've read/watched about WSM mods probably as much as anyone, and there are a couple that I am going to do immediately just to get them done. I ordered a second charcoal grate for a 90deg offset grate mod, and I can definitely see the value of the lid hinge.

Looks great. Welcome to WSM club. It's fun to cook on. Enjoy it

Comment

Cute lil fellers! BTW, who is mom & dad?
                      It is so gratifying as yer cooks get better & better, yup!

Comment

• crazytown3
                        crazytown3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The kids are WAY better looking than "Dad" is. They must be adopted.

That is a great smoker. As TripleB mentioned, the VWB site is a wealth of knowledge. One of the best tips I picked up was that if you have to store your WSM out in the elements, turn the middle stack upside down to keep the rain from pooling in the bottom.

Comment

• crazytown3
                        crazytown3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's a great tip, thank you! A big +1 on the VWB site, really good stuff there.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here