Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't stop buying WSM mods!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stop buying WSM mods!!

Im bored and cant stop buying wsm mods, help!! Lol ive turned an inexpensive 18 and 22 into 1000 dollar cookers... because im bored and its cool 🤣

I got cajun bandit lock/casters, door/latch, hunsaker rib hanger, lid hinge, fire dial, thermostatic controller, 10 inch stacker. Am i missing anything, I need to keep busy and why not play with my cookers. Thinking about bringing a uds back into the fold, that should keep me busy being that im not handy lol.
    Last edited by tenphases; April 26, 2020, 08:18 AM.

One way to stop is...…………...buy a PBC! PBC< PBC<pbc...……………..

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol i got one! Love that thing, its 7 years old, before the porcelain coating and still going strong hmmmmm maybe ill put a stack on it, thanks good idea lol

Well, the WSM is pretty amazing without the mods...they just make it more so...or at least can make life a little easier. Since getting my WSCGC, I haven’t really felt the need to get another...but I recommend them to friends regularly.

Seems you’ve pretty much got it covered...except...eh...it’s still ugly as sin. LOL
    It needs a cool paint job next. ;-)

(Full disclosure, I used to run an airbrush company...and we pretty much put paint on anything it would stick to.)

Comment

You’ve done more than I have, but you are missing one upgrade (I think) .... my WSM has the lid hinge, door, and Cajun Bandit charcoal ring. The ring increases the charcoal capacity and improves airflow. A definite must. :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	10762BEF-0A86-4F21-AA45-FD4E9A57CFB3.jpeg
Views:	775
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	837947

Name:	2AA836EB-1CCC-4DDE-8328-9918051CB8D2.jpeg
Views:	709
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	837945

Name:	22D2A5D7-64DA-4446-AF71-85543F43007D.jpeg
Views:	782
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	837946

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, thanks!

Hunsaker WSM Vortex Plate that sits atop the charcoal ring. This adds great convection air flow and even heat in the smoker.

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        So that really work, thanks I wondered about that

Lid handle, side handles to the cooking section and rolling casters? Lid handle is hand crafted and I bought a pair of garage door handles for my 18" and 22". Casters are easy to find. For the hand crafted lid handle (replacement of WSM wooden lid handles), cooking section handles, casters and other mods to your WSM, check out virtualweberbullet.com. Link below.

Usage tips, modifications, frequently asked questions, and informational videos about the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker.

Attached Files

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        Side handles yes!!

My wsm was peeking when I opened this thread and now she is jealous...

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        🤣🤣🤣

A side shelf perhaps?

nice mods , let us know how you like the wheels for it, i own a wsm 22 and have been eyeing those casters for awhile. I love the lid hinge and door upgrade!

Comment

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch! One can get an actual table for that price.
        Yeah, yeah...says the guy with both a WSCGC & a 6-burner gas Summit.
        Still... O_o Seems kinda spendy for a one trick pony.

Dang, those are nice! I picked up an 18" WSM for a song. It's an older one, but in perfect shape except the vents - so I replaced those straight away. Zero rust anywhere and the grates were basically unused. I did the following upgrades: the bandit charcoal ring and door/latch, instrument port, thermometer, and then got crazy with Signals and Billows. Holy cow. That sucker will run 12-14 hrs on one load. So, casters...which ones are best, or is it better to just put on your own?

Comment

And here I am, purchased a WSM because I didn't need to do anything to it. 😂

Actually I did get a Hunsaker hanger, and does a Bellows fan count?

Comment

• 30acrewoods
          30acrewoods commented
          Editing a comment
          Bingo! I have a 22" performer, and 18" WSM, an 18" Weber kettle and a weber gas grill. I can do everything on the performer and WSM. I also have a fire pit with a badass cooking grate - I'm known to frequently fire up the pit to make coals, swivel the grate and then steal the cover of the 22" performer to make a modified wood grill/open pit/half-smoker. It imparts flavors the other methods can't touch - but is all art and zero science!

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          30acrewoods jealous. I have a terrible backyard. Small and hilly. Wish I could do the fire pit.

• 30acrewoods
          30acrewoods commented
          Editing a comment
          Razor A good excuse to get a bulldozer? I mean, everyone needs either a dozer or an excavator, right?!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here