Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inanimate objects can hear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inanimate objects can hear

So I have been considering trading my wsm in for a Grilla OG. My wife has informed me that she would accept another appliance on the deck only if I trade one is. The kettle/sns combo has taken most of the load off the wsm, and though I love the wsm, it can be a little time consuming to set up. So it is an easy choice, right? Well, this past weekend for the stay in cook out, I put a ~12lb brisket on the wsm Friday night. Now, normally I have to fiddle with it a bit to get the temps set even with the partyq set up. Not this time - I use the minion method, and when I dumped the lit coals in and set the body up, it shot up to 300, then settled at 230 in about 40 minutes. I set the fan, put in the XR probes, added the meat, and it ran rock solid at 225-235 all night. 13 hours. I even had more coals left in the basket than I ever had before. And the brisket was great - pics are in the stay in cook out thread. So evidently the wsm heard me and decided it wasn't going. I am going to have to rethink this whole idea

Whew, that does make it tough, Brother!

An yeah, they can hear jus fine, btw....

Jus sayin.

Comment

Don’t make me cry wondering what all my old COS’ think of me. I did tell each of them before they left "This was HER decision, not mine. Sorry big guy." I’m sure they just think I had no guts.

Comment

Wisper this into its exhaust vent and see what happens...……...pbc, pbc, pbc........

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahahaha

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't help but think you might be whispering into the wrong orifice here.

If it only does that when threatened....

Comment

I used the minion method on an old 18” water smoker with no vent controls. It cranked out exceptional Boston Butts every time. My only complaint was I needed to refuel at the ten hour mark.

Comment

Would one of you mind saying something to the antenna on the satellite radio on my truck? The good news is I pressure washed the truck last week before the pollen and fungus became structural. There may have been a moment of direct spray that dislodged things a bit, and now it's "No Signal", even after several days to dry out. I've tried fiddling a bit and ignoring it. Maybe threatening it with replacement will do the trick...

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Good excuse for a new truck lol

A friend’s Tesla overheard him taking about trading it in for a newer model. Right after that the driver’s door handle stopped working and he couldn’t get in anymore. Be careful what you say around inanimate objects.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Uh-huh! See, there???
              That's what I was a talkin bout,^^^^^ yall, yup!!!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 31, 2020, 01:24 PM.

Well, I need to go patch things up with my push mower for the awful things I said to it yesterday when it didn't want to start.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              New mower, new mower!!!

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Might try makin up with a peace offerin of a nice shot or two of ether...

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha, Mr. Bones she eventually came around and got the job done, just not on the first pull like normal. I splurged for 5 gallons of ethanol-free, so maybe that will help to smooth over any hurt feelings.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here