Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSM Fireboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willxfmr
    commented on 's reply
    I use this fan, http://bbqguru.com/storenav/Index?ca...&productId=403 and this adapter. https://bbqguru.com/storenav/Index?c...=&&productId=6 Works great, and installation was all of 10 minutes. Most of that was finding my roll of foil tape. I'm using a Fireboard with the drive cable to control it all.

• au4stree
    replied
    Trying to figure out the best way to mount an ATC fan to the WSM. I’ve seen the SS dog bowl trick, tape over vent holes and running fan through the open hole. I’m curious about those who own/use WSM and ATC’s. What do you recommend? Pics would be nice. 🙂

Leave a comment:

• MarkD
    replied
    I have a WSM and Fireboard connected with a fan. Love how it is working!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by CBM87 View Post
    I have the fireboard + pit viper. It's great for over-night cooks. I found I had to shut the top damper to 50% when using a full load of coals in warmer weather. The fireboard is a great thermometer hub as standalone too. I don't really need the fan for ribs or tri-tips.
    Great advise!

Thanks for jumping in. First hand experience with a particular cooker is key!

Leave a comment:

• CBM87
    replied
    I have the fireboard + pit viper. It's great for over-night cooks. I found I had to shut the top damper to 50% when using a full load of coals in warmer weather. The fireboard is a great thermometer hub as standalone too. I don't really need the fan for ribs or tri-tips.

Leave a comment:

• Jared49
    commented on 's reply
    WSM-18” W/FireBoard & fan. It works fantastic.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    It sounds like you know how to run your WSM manually with out issues. An upgrade like this is nice. You'll be happy with the FIreBoard, I am anyway. Let us know what you think when you get it set up.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, this is the best way to go, actually. Learn your cooker first, it also makes it easier to run it with the fan when you have a good base.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I hear ya. I really only do the same for each cook. I have put three in two cookers, like this week end. That makes it rally handy. @Dewesq55

Hahahaha, I had sat down and jsut started typing. Then I got carried away. LOL. So, yes, you can use the FireBoard with the WSM. Troutman

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Ouch! and so do most jet engines in use today. Got me. Troutman

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the XP had a "fan" jet engine

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Gee Spin a simple "yes" would have done the trick

So any comments on the ever rising bushel cost of soybeans ???

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I ditched my water pan, but you're right, it's literally set and forget for hours until you have to chuck some fuel into her with the Fireboard and fan.

• Razor
    replied
    I use the Thermoworks/Billows combination on my WSM and love it. Not here to sell you on Thermoworks, but a fan controller definitely helps you sleep through the night.

Leave a comment:

• Elmien
    replied
    Thank you for all of the feedback, looks like a Fireboard will be in my future. Looking forward to having it make life easier, and I am a data analyst/statistician, so am loving the idea of having all that data about my cooks.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here