Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graduated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graduated.

Mid bacon smoke a few days ago, my Masterbuilt electric gave up the ghost. I finished the smoke in a Orion Convection cooker,loaded up the Masterbuilt and headed for the landfill with it. On the way home, I stopped at Lowes and picked up a WSM18. Because of the great info I have received on here, I am pretty confident that I will be able to turn out some decent Q..
    Attached Files

SonOfAButcher Damn. I'm trying to sell my WSM, and I'm in SC!!

Comment

• SonOfAButcher
      SonOfAButcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, Sir...I probably should have hollered out here first, but I was on a mission..

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      IDK SonOfAButcher Looks to me that nice shiny new WSM might need some to show him the ropes.
      Just saying.

• SonOfAButcher
      SonOfAButcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, I will be letting some meat smoke out into the neighborhood pretty soon..

Once you get used to it and get it dialed in, you are going to love it. I have had one for around 15-20 years, and while I like my kettle/SNS, the WSM is still my baby.

Comment

• SonOfAButcher
      SonOfAButcher commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure if I have questions, I'll get them answered here...Thanks!

Sorry for your loss, and congratulations on the new addition.

Comment

Happy smoking!

Comment

You are going to love that thing once you get the fire management dialed in.

Comment

If you get the chance, upgrade to a Fireboard with a fan control unit. It will make that WSM purr like a kitten !!

Comment

Congrats. But you know I have to say just one thing. PBC.

Comment

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you ever been accused of repeating yourself repeatedly?

That is a good upgrade you got there. It will make some real deal Q and smoked meat for you.

Comment

You're gonna love that thing. It's no secret that a lot of competition winners use them...and for a reason.
              One of the best "bang for the buck" smokers out there.

The first time I run out of space on my WSCGC, I'm ordering another 22" WSM that day. LOL
              Last edited by surfdog; February 5, 2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

She looks beautiful - enjoy!

Comment

Share with us some of your cooks as you learn the ropes on that WSM.

Congrats on your new toy!

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for all the support and tips!! My first cook went pretty well. I did a rack of St. Louis ribs and some beef ribs procured from a local butcher. I used the minion method to light the coals, and it worked well..I was able to regulate the temperature pretty easily. It was 65 degrees with a bit of wind, but I got the WSM locked on 225, and it didn't budge. I took them off after about 5 hours. The pork ribs could have gone longer, although they were pretty tender. The beef ones were falling off the bone. Short story, I really like this new cooker. I will be preparing some Cheddy Brats, Texas Hot Links, Chorizo, and Andouille as soon as my casings show up.Bacon will also be a test for me. Thanks again for all the support!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. You will enjoy the way the WSM holds temp for long periods of time with no tweaking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here