Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing gaskets on WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing gaskets on WSM

For those who have installed gaskets on your WSM. How/where did you install the bottom gasket? Instructions say horizontally on the base but there isn't a lip there like on the middle section. Do you just install it on the rim of the base and have it sticking over on inside and outside? I have heard that some folks install it vertically on the bottom of the middle section. Any ideas here would be appreciated before I screw up. Only installation video is just for a kettle grill where there is a lip. Also, did you install the gasket on the door or around the door opening?

I also bought the hinge but want to install and cure the gaskets before I approach that.

jlazar, I also brought the gaskets and hinge kit. You are correct the new WSN does not have lip on the bottom of the middle section. I email the vendor and they were not aware that it had changed. They will re-write the instructions. So you can only put the gasket material on the top of the middle section where the lid will sit on it. You can also do the door but I just ordered the better stainless steel door from Cajun Bandit. Believe it or not the door fits a lot better upside down. LOL really does.

Comment

Thanks Guy. Kind of surprised someone who sells a product and advertises it specifically for the WSM, doesn't look at the
      WSM every year to see if there are design changes. I also have the Cajun door. I will flip it as you suggest and see if mine is tighter.

Comment

Yeah I was too. But I think they are a small to mid size company and they probably deal with a lot more than just Weber. Trying to give them a little credit since they were glad I told them. About the door, the original door on the WSM did not leak from the bottom so I am pretty sure it will work better upside down. Let me know if it works for you. I just did not want to put those ugly gaskets on my door.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here