Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New WSM door from Cajun Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chriscrna
    replied
    Ivan you should consider gaskets as well. They're relatively inexpensive and really helped seal mine up.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    That's one fantastic rib!

• Ivan Hyso
    replied
    Just ordered the door, thanks for the link Jon. I guess in 3 to 5 business days I will make my first mod to the wsm.

Leave a comment:

• THoey1963
    replied
    I have done the door and a couple other mods to my WSM. Love the door. Thing is solid.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Yep, angle grinder!

Leave a comment:

• 3DJ
    replied
    Thanks Craiger! Jim

Leave a comment:

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    3DJ here is a link for the slot: http://virtualweberbullet.com/cuttin...eter-slot.html

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Git in muh bellay!

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Yeaha couple of folks like you and we might be able to set up a dedicated bullet smoker channel.; PM me if you're interested.

• 3DJ
    commented on 's reply
    Very cool Jon. Yeah, I have a half baked idea for handles that could come off. Haven't thought it all out yet.

That's a great idea with the magnets. Also, that slot is really well done. How did you do that if you don't mind?

Thanks,
    Jim

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Jim,

Handles would be great especially on a 22. I wanted to put handles on mine but then the cover won't fit so I didn't. I hang my thermometer sending unit bracket with magnet for the same reason.

All I've done was cut a slot for my partyQ cable and blow holes in it for the probes and add the door.

Cable slot:

Therm bracket:

The CB door:

Leave a comment:

• 3DJ
    replied
    Hi Jon, I have one of those doors too. I like mine, it's a much better fit than the original for sure. This is the only mod I did to my 22'5" WSM. Well, I did add another great to cross/double up on the original for the charcoal. Have you done anything else to yours? I really want to find a good way to put handles on the mid section. Jim

Leave a comment:

• IrondeQuer
    replied
    I'm looking forward to your experience with the new door, Jon. I'm considering one myself.

Really nice ribs, Jerod!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Never. I have had some wanting to give some. Once they pass the bend test, typically about 15-20 more minutes, and they are perfect, sauced or not. I paint on sauce once they pass the test for wet ribs.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Have you lost pork to the coals from hanging to long?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here