Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New WSM door from Cajun Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New WSM door from Cajun Bandit

Getting ready for tomorrows smoke and just installed the new stainless door from Cajun Bandit on my WSM. Doing a quick burn just to christen it, (the new door) Its not near as tight as I thought it be but it looks like I can tweak it if needed. I'm not passing judgement till I cook with it. The order/delivery was perfect thats for sure.

Watch this space for more info and pics....

Oh BTW it looks flippin cool as all get out!
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 13, 2014, 06:33 PM.

How does it compare to the other door as for as fit?

Comment

appears tighter on the X and a bit looser on the z which I should be able to adjust by spreading the x just a bit
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 13, 2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

y? get it....oh man, that was good.....at least on this end

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          It was... :0

Looks awesome Jon! What are ya cookin first on it?

Comment

Ribs, Brining now.

Comment

I just did beef back ribs. Nice for something different. I know you could let them dudes hang ALL day without worrying about them falling off.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	beefrib1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	17377

Comment

• The Burn
              The Burn commented
              Editing a comment
              Niiiiiiiiiice

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Git in muh bellay!

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              That's one fantastic rib!

Holy smoke ring jrod. That's amazing

Comment

For some reason ribs really soak up those gases. On the thinner pieces it is 99% ring.

Comment

Have you lost pork to the coals from hanging to long?

Comment

Never. I have had some wanting to give some. Once they pass the bend test, typically about 15-20 more minutes, and they are perfect, sauced or not. I paint on sauce once they pass the test for wet ribs.

Comment

I'm looking forward to your experience with the new door, Jon. I'm considering one myself.

Really nice ribs, Jerod!

Comment

Hi Jon, I have one of those doors too. I like mine, it's a much better fit than the original for sure. This is the only mod I did to my 22'5" WSM. Well, I did add another great to cross/double up on the original for the charcoal. Have you done anything else to yours? I really want to find a good way to put handles on the mid section. Jim

Comment

Jim,

Handles would be great especially on a 22. I wanted to put handles on mine but then the cover won't fit so I didn't. I hang my thermometer sending unit bracket with magnet for the same reason.

All I've done was cut a slot for my partyQ cable and blow holes in it for the probes and add the door.

Cable slot:

Therm bracket:

The CB door:

Comment

• 3DJ
                          3DJ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very cool Jon. Yeah, I have a half baked idea for handles that could come off. Haven't thought it all out yet.

That's a great idea with the magnets. Also, that slot is really well done. How did you do that if you don't mind?

Thanks,
                          Jim

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeaha couple of folks like you and we might be able to set up a dedicated bullet smoker channel.; PM me if you're interested.

• Craigar
                          Craigar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          3DJ here is a link for the slot: http://virtualweberbullet.com/cuttin...eter-slot.html

Thanks Craiger! Jim

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here