Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use a Fireboard Drive, BBQ Guru Pit Viper and vents on the WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use a Fireboard Drive, BBQ Guru Pit Viper and vents on the WSM

What are the vent openings for this setup? Do you close all the bottoms except for the one with the adapter and taped holes? And is the top vent open or closed?

Close all the bottom vents except the one that the fan adapter is attached to. Tape the two holes that don’t have an adapter. The top vent is your chimney, creating an air draw. You will want to figure out how much to have it open, my experience with a fan set up is about 1/3 to 1/2 open.

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 This is the way.

• big_mack
      big_mack commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know! I figured the top one had to be open for smoke flow. I might get a PBC instead of the WSM so will have to talk to those guys too.

Fan and the top vent is all you need most of the time.

On my 18 WSM sometimes after a while I have to crack a bottom vent to get things back up to temp, to burn the remaining charcoal along the sides. I work the vents one at time around the whole thing. That seems to work better for me than trying to add extra fuel which means I have to fiddle with things for an hour to get the temps steady again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here