Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first WSM

Please welcome the new addition to our family. I've been wanting one for years, but am way too cheap to buy new. I've made several lowball offers, on Marketplace, and someone finally took me up on one. It's in great shape. . They wanted $100.00, but settled for $75.00. According to the code on the vent wheel, it was manufactured in '91 It's 18.5"
    Attached Files

Nice find ..... looks great for being 30 years old!

Comment

Very cool. That was the first style of smoker I owned. Had it for years until someone stole it off my deck

Comment

good buy.

Comment

Great find!

Comment

Looks great! Congrats! go giants!

Comment

Welcome to the family. Now fire that baby up!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

OK now you need to mod it out. Go to the Cajun Bandit website and shop for all the goodies; new stainless door, hold downs, wheels for those legs and a hinge for the lid. That will get you going. You then need to invest in a Fireboard and Pit Viper control fan. Oh the joys of dressing her up !! Good smoker, good choice !!

Cajun Bandit Website

Comment

• USMCCrashCrew89
                    USMCCrashCrew89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Too true! I think I have more in my mods now than I have in my WSM, that I spotted in a garage sale going by at 40 mph. SWMBO was thrilled for sure haha

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
                  Looks great! Congrats! go giants!
                  Thanks and HEY NOW!!!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    at least I didn't say ..., ..., ...!

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                  OK now you need to mod it out. Go to the Cajun Bandit website and shop for all the goodies; new stainless door, hold downs, wheels for those legs and a hinge for the lid. That will get you going. You then need to invest in a Fireboard and Pit Viper control fan. Oh the joys of dressing her up !! Good smoker, good choice !!

Cajun Bandit Website
                  Stop that!!! 😂😂

I'll see how it works, before I go down that rabbit-hole!

I know all about mods. I own 5 kettles, and use a couple as smokers, (first with a Smokenator, and now the SnS), so I've got smoking down, pretty good.
                  My knee jerk reaction is to do just that but, if I can get her dialed in without any mods, I'll be fine with that.
                  Well...almost no mods...I'm going to cut a notch in it for my temperature probes...😅

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Get a step drill bit, drill a hole, buy a grommet on Amazon for $5 :-)

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What you’re going to not like is taking the lid off and having to constantly find a place to set it down. That means a hinge. What happens with the hinged lid is it becomes top heavy and the center section wants to collapse if you’re not careful. I know, happened to me, lost a fingernail last time. That means hold downs. Got it? Trust me you’ll get there !!!’

Awesome pick up! I have the 22 and love it. I 2nd the mentioned add-ons, have the Cajun bandit SS door and larger coal basket and the FireBoard/Pit viper combo.

Comment

small footprint looks in great shape, Nice find,
                    Happy smoking to you and PBR too

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow, you can smoke PBR? Tough rolling I would think.

And a cover to boot! 👍👍👍

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup, seen it, right off...

Door, charcoal ring, lid hinge ..... you NEED them .... trust me :-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here