Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Chicken Breast on WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Chicken Breast on WSM

I'm going to be cooking some large bone in skin on chicken breasts on the WSM. I'm targeting a 350 temp with nothing between the meat and coals. My question is whether I should use the top or bottom rack? Would there be any difference? I'm after more of a grilled taste than a smoked taste. Thanks!

Top rack. Bottom rack is cooler.

Comment

If you don't have a water pan, I suspect you'll get more heat on the bottom rack. If you are leaving the water pan in, just not adding water, then top rack due to the convection effect the pan creates. I usually do chicken and turkey with water pan in, no water, top rack, and get 340-350 temps

Comment

Yup, what the both of them said, top or bottom depending.

Comment

Great, thank you all! I've used the empty pan in the past but wanted to try something different.

Comment

Definitely not the best plating, but they are done.
            Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks delicious!

They look great! How were they in the taste Dept.

Comment

• jpietrantone
              jpietrantone commented
              Editing a comment
              Super moist and had great flavor! The smoker held 350 rock steady.

Looks good enough to pair with PBR
            or a beverage of your choice.

Comment

• jpietrantone
              jpietrantone commented
              Editing a comment
              Just a Dr Pepper tonight, but it would have gone great with a Coors Light.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              You know, it would probably have been great with a Shiner!

Great looking chicken!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here