Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket hook placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket hook placement

Hi folks. I've been lurking around a while and have learned a lot, so thanks to everyone. I've had my PBC since July and love it. I haven't done a full packer yet but have a 15 lb trimmed in the fridge to start early tomorrow.

I noticed Noah hung through the point. It is thicker, but most folks that use stick burners, including that Franklin fellow, say they put the point toward the fire. Has anyone tried hooking through the flat or am I asking for trouble there. I've done a few flats and a whole lot of ribs and chicken and I think I have things dialed in pretty well.

I tried and they didn't come out worth a crap for some reason. The heat collects near the lid enough to cook everything just fine. I probably did 200+ in the PBC. One in the point, and then another below to double hook it.

Comment

• Darrick
      Darrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Thought closer to the fire for the point might help keep the flat from drying out but guess that's not right. Will do the double hook as Noah suggests.

Welcome to The Pit Darrick. Sorry, but I don't have a PBC...

Comment

I hook everything in my PBC except brisket. I cook on the grate with both rebars out. The briskets always turn out superb. The PBC cooks like a boss. I turn the grate a 1/4 turn every 45 mins or so until ready to wrap.

Comment

I also hook everything large. So, that means chickens, turkeys, wibs, and yes brisket. I put the hooks (double) in the thick end of big briskets. PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here