Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Run With the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Run With the PBC

I moved to Texas a year ago and got me a nice pipe fab shop fabricated smoker and some red oak that took a flatbed to drop off at the house but haven't quite got the hang of it yet. (Although it's still an ongoing process I have high hopes for). I got the Pit barrel cooker on Friday and made the best ribs I've ever made today using the PBC and I was...no pun intended...amazed! I made the Memphis Dust rub exactly per Meathead's instructions and cooked it exactly per the PBC website video and everything turned out exactly as it should.It was honestly a relief to have the folks at the house raving about how good they were and it couldn't have been any easier. I grilled corn as well and it was another big hit. The apple pie shine was a bonus but that I knew how to make. I love this site!

Beau Pig Glad everything worked out!! The PBC is a great little cooker no doubt. I just love mine. Glad your here to share your experiences with us. Remember.....we love pics of the cooks people are doing. Next time you can post them in the "Show us what your cooking" thread. Its probably my go to every time come to The Pit.

Folks, we've reached the limit on our previous "What are you cookin?" thread. 8 months and well over 2,400 posts maxed it out! Please resume activities here with this thread... Thanks!

Comment

Welcome, glad the PBC worked out so well. Don't give up on the old one, once you get the hang of temp control in the PBC you will want to upgrade and will be ready for it then. In the meantime, and when you don't need a lot, the PBC is damn hard to beat. I just ate the best ribs I've made yet on the PBC.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Beau

Comment

Welcome. I too will be doing my first run on a PBC, arriving this week. Can't wait.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome! I think the PBC is excellent for ribs. Hard to beat.

Comment

Way to go, and welcome to the PBC club. Damn simple amazing little cooker! I never cease to be amazed at how easy it is to use!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome meal. I have owned a number of different smokers and grills over the years, and I tell ya, it's hard to beat the pbc when you're cooking for a smaller crowd. I've gotten pretty close to the same flavor, bark, and texture out of it than I have my stick burner, with far less headache, and less cook time. Especially with ribs.

Comment

Had my first run today. First I did chicken halsesc& quarters. Took them off at 160, could have gone a little longer. Put in oven at 175 to keep wor. For wife. The. Put i,on 4 Racks of ribs. Need to finish tomorrow in oven. Have them wrapped in tin foil. Sprayed them with apple juice. We sal see how thy turn out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here