Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's raining, it's pouring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's raining, it's pouring...

What the heck? Raining? In July? In Los Angeles??? What's a fella to do? Why fire up the PBC of course! My girls have been whining for pulled pork, so threw a small (4 lb) boneless one on the grill after a 24 hr dry brine and rubbin' with MMD. I'm still a newbie with this cooker, but I've been logging all of my cooks using the nice cooking log that I've modified for my needs. I keep all kinds of notes on the log sheets, and they really help with follow on cooks! Highly recommend this, at least for us newbie types! Anyway, kept the pit outta the rain (feels like Florida here) under my 2nd story balcony. Put it up on bricks to try and avoid burning the lawn...

Anywho, the butt came out FAB. Second one on the PBC, and I have gone from "eh" about pork butts and pulled pork to "when is my next one!!"! Just can't believe how these (and everything I've cooked frankly) come out of the pit! Enjoy the pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0774.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	97948 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	97952 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0773.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	97949
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0772.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	97953 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	97950
    Attached Files

Nice! Of course, every time it rains, your daughters will want bbq! Bring on El Nino, eh?

Comment

You used the grate. Is there any difference than with hanging the meat?

Comment

• NashvilleSparty
        NashvilleSparty commented
        Editing a comment
        I've hung and done on the grate. Both came out amazing and I really couldn't tell much difference. I usually hang when I need more room than the grate will hold.

• PappyBBQ
        PappyBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. What NashvilleSparty said. Besides, I simply LOVE cleaning that grill afterwards! NOT... Since this one was boneless I was a bit worried about loosing it off the hook. Probably not an issue since I did remove it and wrap it...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here