Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket on a pit barrel cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket on a pit barrel cooker

Done a couple of briskets, but not getting the bark I would like. Can I skip the tin foil, continue to cook to 203 degrees without over cooking the brisket. I do inject using beef broth.

Hey rick this is your first post... so Welcome Aboard

Short answer is yes... but do a little studying too...

Meathead's Awesome article >> http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/texas_brisket.html

We just had some discussions about wrapping with foil, butcher paper, or not wrapping at all... Also Aaron Franklin has a great vid on that topic... check it out...

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the 1,000 Posts Club smarkley!

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks! LOL... I never saw it happen!

I better crack a beer!

Originally posted by rickingrahamtx View Post
    Done a couple of briskets, but not getting the bark I would like. Can I skip the tin foil, continue to cook to 203 degrees without over cooking the brisket. I do inject using beef broth.

Hang for about 5 hours. I like to face the fat cap towards the vent opening. When it gets good and dark. Lay the brisket fat cap up on the grate to bark up the top of the flat. Most mine will get wrapped by 180. But I let the bark determine that. I just check temp when I wrap to see how far I am from 200.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here