Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Eve Ribeye Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's Eve Ribeye Roast

I absolutely love this site! I purchased a 14 pound Costco Choice whole boneless ribeye that I cut into a 7 pound roast and steaks. We had the roast for dinner New Year's Eve. Tied into a 4-5 inch roll, dry brined for 15 hours, then slathered with a paste of Mr's O'Leary's Cow Crust. Cooked in the PBC using the DigiQ from BBQ Guru at 260 degrees. In the PBC at 2:00, pulled at 5:15, then a 10 minute 500 degree reverse sear at 5:45. It was delicious! Deli roast beef sandwiches today for leftovers! The PBC and Amazing Ribs makes me look good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomassen; January 1, 2021, 03:32 PM.

Looks Fantastic!!!!!!

Comment

That looks super.

Comment

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          PBC is that a Pellet Berral cooker?

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sorry bbqLuv no. cl

Very good looks done to perfection.
        I can see myself dining in that with a PBR.

Comment

Looks perfect!

Comment

That's a beauty.
            Cold damp and windy up here have a roast on the Keg and its going no where fast

Comment

That’s one helluva roast! You done good!

Comment

You done good.

Comment

I prepped one today and have in the fridge at the moment dry brining for tomorrow .. Damm Hope mine comes out half as good as yours...

Comment

• Thomassen
                    Thomassen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I followed Meathead's directions for trimming off the fat and tying it into a cylinder. I waited until my PBC ambient temp was below 300 degrees before hanging the roast (288). I use a DigiQ controller with fan to keep my temps between 260-270. This is the best I've done so far.

• Thomassen
                    Thomassen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How did your roast turn out?

Beautiful roast!

I made a fantastic beef vegetable soup from my leftovers.

Comment

Thomassen that looks scrumptious. I’m going to have to try that.

Comment

Now that was aHappy New Year! Looks great.

Comment

That's how a rib roast should look!

Comment

Daaaaaang. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuurfection said the kitty sitting next to the table.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here