Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auber fan pipe modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auber fan pipe modification

It's been 23.6 days since I last modified something, so I knew I was due up. I wanted to:

a) Get the fan farther from the HEAT, aka the bottom of the barrel. Didn't have any problems, but when the fan went prolong periods without blowing, the pipe did get rather warm.

b) Bring the point of attachment higher up for easier on/off operation. Definite upgrade!

c) Maybe tone down the blast of air entering the barrel. Not much difference, and again, no problems up to this point.

Worked beautifully yesterday on a 3 brisket - 1 butt cook. The briskets were Select and OFF THE CHAIN!! Good Lord they came out awesome, 11 pounds of sliced and burnt ends going to a family reunion today. 4 pounds of chopped for some other folk. I was able to get 44.9215% yield off the briskets. I trim heavy, but get to use 100% of what gets cooked when I chop at least some of it up. Those ultra-fatty point pieces go well with thin dry flat slices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010050.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	95907 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010051.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	95908
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; July 10, 2015, 01:11 PM. Reason: s p a c i n g

That is one heck of a mod Jerod!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I got to the Yukon and realized I didn't have anything to connect the pipes...baaaaaaaaack into ACE

Nah you got to get that air coming in from all 4 sides...

For real though, who won the Tic-Tac-Toe game? Was it W.O.P.R.?

I am looking to get an SnS and one of those Auber's real soon.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      This little Auber has been a dream come true. One day I will meticulously stack my B & B in that SnS and bust out a 14 hr cook.

Any more mods and you'll need to pull building permits

Comment

next, I would suggest...combo lab coat and apron...love the mods

Comment

And you say you're not a plumber????

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          TRUST me, no way Jose, all my plumbing is for pneumatic purposes.

• JPP
          JPP commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally brilliant stuff, I must say!

Is the 6.5 CFM Auber a good size for the PBC or would the 10 or 20 CFM be a better choice?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          The 6.5 does great for the supplementation I use it for. Not sure about simply running the fan as the only source.

Gonna have to start calling you the Mad Scientist, or maybe the Mad Q'er.

Comment

Jerod Broussard out of curiosity what are two up-pipes with valves for? M

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Smoke exit control?

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Yes, those were the first two modifications. Increase in air flow = an increase in temp. The problem is they can't compensate the extreme loss in temp when the meat stall kicks into high gear while I am sleeping.

Not sure if that's a smoker or a moonshine still

Comment

Jerod Broussard, Does It Roar Just Before Take Off?
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Not much. I have quiet props to go along with a Pratt and Whitney PT6A engine.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here