Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated charcoal basket on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated charcoal basket on the way

The grate in mine is about to fall out. I think it can take one more cook, and that will be tomorrow. I'll put the worst part opposite the vent. New one should be here Sat. or Mon.

If by chance I need another barrel, I can get the upgraded barrel and lid, and just get a welder to modify/beef up the current basket.

Human Maybe a good stickburner is in order

Comment

Yeah, I agree, DWCowles. I think that JB is overdue for another cooker, one that will fit well in his new outdoor kitchen area!

Comment

Yikes, a good stick burner with an insulated firebox is waaaaay over my budget, and I can't afford a babysitter to feed it all night and day.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Just borrow 2500 over the price of your house, or do a quick refi in a couple mo. Take 30 yrs to pay it off, they're lifetime units anyway, best deal ever! Lol.

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          That's just $7 a month!

Jarod... I watch what you cook. You spend more per month on food than most cookers cost.

Buy a decent cooker and make that covered patio look proud.

Comment

I didn't know you could purchase another basket by itself. Is it on the website? I always thought it would be nice to have a spare to swap out for long cooks.

Kathryn

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, call Amber.

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!
            K.

I hope this isn't considered spam, but it does answer the question. "Can you buy another basket by itself?"

Frank Cox sells all that stuff on this web site: http://bbqsmokersupply.com/

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            That's not spam if it's a helpful link. But, do they sell specifically the PBC charcoal basket? A quick search didn't appear so.

• Rodcrafter
            Rodcrafter commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe this will help,
            BBQ Smoker Supply! : - HINGES HANDLES DAMPERS COOKING GRATES FIRE BASKETS UDS DRUM SMOKER PARTS THERMOMETERS & DRAFT CONTROLLERS BBQ GASKETS TRAILER PARTS TOGGLE LATCHES & CLAMPS PELLET HOPPERS COMPLETE PARTS KITS INSULATION OTHER Spring Handles, BBQ Thermometers, BBQ Gaskets, Tadpole Gaskets, P Gaskets, Trailer Building Supplies, Custom Cooking Grates, Charcoal Grates, BBQ Cooking Grates, BBQ Smoker, Fabrication Supplies, Smoker Plans, SmokerBuilder, Smoker Parts, BBQ Grill Parts, Custom BBQ Smoker, Custom BBQ Grill, Smoker Insulation, Fire Box Gaskets, Intake Exhaust Damper, Pinwheel Damper, Slide Damper, Teardrop Damper, UDS Parts, Toggle Latch, Toggle Clamp, LavaLock

Sorry I haven't been here in a while so I didn't know about this question.

Definite upgrade. The grate is welded to the legs and sits on them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010005.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	96741

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I like playing 'guess the random objects in the background of Jerod's pictures.'

• PappyBBQ
            PappyBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha! I guess auber fan power unit and his right foot, though I'm having trouble picturing how he was standing when he took the pic!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here