Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snapper on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Slide the fish in there upside down stuffed with lemon, butter, herbs etc.
    Ya got something going on there!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SurfsUp
    replied
    I did have some lemon and butter stuffed in there but the fish were hanging straight up and down so I suspect the butter just leaked out. The fish basket is a tad too wide to hang lengthwise. I may have to modify it so it can hang that way. I was looking at the various rib racks and those may work nicely for whole fish. Slide the fish in there upside down stuffed with lemon, butter, herbs etc.

I've yet to do sausage but it sounds great! I'm with you on the chicken, whenever I have a pork product in there with it...

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Niiiice, SurfsUp ! Good idea about hanging the basket. I may have to yoink that setup and add John's idea of adding lemons and herbs. Gosh, I love this site!

FWIW I hang sausages from a sausage holder modified to fit in the PBC. Works great. I always cook a dozen or more sausages when I do a chicken cook because I find myself hoping that the sausage fat dripping on the fire enhances the flavor profile. Whatever it is, chicken + sausages tastes better than a chicken alone cook plus the sausages are an added bonus and my hubbie and our guests snap them up.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Never cooked a whole fish before on anything, but this looks like a darn good way to do it.
    Maybe throw some lemons and herbs in there as well.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Looks good! great idea!

Leave a comment:

• SurfsUp
    started a topic Snapper on the PBC

Snapper on the PBC

What's up everyone? Didn't know if anyone tried this before but I put a couple of whole snapper in one of those Weber baskets and hung it in the PBC... just for the halibut I wasn't really looking to smoke them for a long period so I cracked the lid just a tad. I did put a small chunk of apple wood in as I was unsure if I would get any smoke at all but there was quite a bit. I figured they would only take about a half hour and that was about right. I have to say I have never tasted fish quite like that. They were pretty tasty. I did brine the snapper in a water, sugar, salt concoction which I have never done with fish before. I should have taken a picture of them hanging in the basket but I was expecting it to be a disaster so I didn't want any pictorial evidence of my idiocy I only got the one not very good pic after I pulled them off. The fish are still laying on the basket but I have one side of the basket opened up in the pic. The foil was not used in the cook I just set the hot basket on it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here