Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled beef

What cut of meat is preferred for pulled beef. The local,store didn't have much other than small bottom and top rounds. Restaurant depot had stuff but I wasn't sure what to get eye, knuckle, top...... Thanks

Any old chuck roast - blade roast - shoulder roast - cross rib chuck roast will do

Comment

I would avoid rounds, anything that looks lean is best only taken to medium rare, 135ish. Pulled beef needs the pork butt treatment (as you likely know) so you want fatty fatty fatty. smarkley gives solid advice. There's also the flat iron roast, where the flat iron steak comes from. Very marbled looking. I have used several with excellent results. Chuck roast is hard to beat though for wide availability.

Comment

Chuck works, you just really need to probe that dude and make sure all parts are coming along.

Comment

Chuckle dude Chuckie...can't beat a Chuckie

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto that!

Kathryn

Chuck roast. It's my go-to. Absolutely love that cut!

Comment

My Chuck turned out GREAT!

Top and bottom rounds are way to lean!

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll see what I can find and get to cooking!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here