Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side shelf

Hi PBC Nation! I want to get a small side mount, preferably clip on or foldable just to rest my Signals controller on. Any ideas? I see some for UDS's but they are usually made for the bigger 55gal drums.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3912912D-AEFD-42F9-B2CE-B7B17E5D17CD.jpeg
Views:	506
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	922911Click image for larger version

Name:	A2459646-33AD-40B0-93BD-09F9D9E21A48.jpeg
Views:	504
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	922912 Don’t know if this is helpful. It slips in when I need it.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty dang cool. Where'd you find those accessories?

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a kitchen sink mod for your PBC?

LOL

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is fantastic. I had no idea the PBC could have a shelf.

Ooh that would work. Did you buy or make it?

Comment

Answer to hoovarmin & Hidohebhi ( love tryin to pronounce that name) , a friend made it. I should ask if he is interested in makin any more.
      Last edited by FireMan; October 13, 2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Hidohebhi
        Hidohebhi commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah I pulled that name out of a book for use as a gamer tag 21 years ago. I get that a lot.

FireMan I cheat and when I’m cooking in my PBC, I roll my original PK Grill close to my PBC and use the shelf on the PK to set my Fireboard 2 thermometer on. But I’m being lazy and I should do something similar to what you have set up. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Comment

I stole this idea from someone on The Pit, can't remember who inspired me.
        A Harbor Freight utility cart and a recycled rubber doormat from Lowe's has provided me a side table and roll around contraption.
        Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya got all the bases covered, cool.

• rototiller78
          rototiller78 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do like that. I can see that set up working real well.

A not so sexy option might be to pick up one of those foldable tables? I think Coleman makes one of the various brands out there. Allows for a lot more options than just cooling on the PBC. Extra dining space for a bbq, processing fish/game, DIY projects.
        Last edited by kill2grill; January 15, 2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

The look of a PBC sitting in a utility cart is perfect. 👍

Comment

I have the PBC next to a grill with a shelf.

Comment

I keep a 4 plastic top folding table in my cooking area that I can easily drag to whatever cooking device I am using at the moment. Gives me lots of flexibility and more space than anything I would mount to my cooker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here