Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just purchased PCB (Delivery on October 12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook complete. Chicken is resting so I am posting.... Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_160917[1].jpg
Views:	149
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	925200Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_160745[1].jpg
Views:	138
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	925201

Comment

That color!

Comment

Thanks! Just PBC all purpose rub, let it sit overnight uncovered (as recommend). Skin was crispy cooked in just over an hour.

Comment

Good looking cook Sir. Nicely done. How did you find your first experience using the PBC.

Comment

• Kascon11
            Kascon11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not bad. glad I could monitor the meat as I would have no idea on the timing. I just cooked one chicken and had enough coals for hours more food. So I need to figure out how to use less charcoal for these shorter cooks. The chicken came out moist and skin crisp, however the texture of the meat was off, could be the dry brine method I used. I like the simplicity, however I do need more time to play. I have only ever grilled with either NG or LP so charcoal is totally new to me.

The first few months of using my PBC I felt a nagging sense of guilt because it was too easy. I felt like I needed to suffer more in order to produce such good food. I'm over that now. I rarely measure the temps in the barrel anymore but always the meat (unless it's ribs).

Comment

• Kascon11
            Kascon11 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am planning on pork butt next week. I have lots of reading to do. Is it better to hang or use the grill grate? Wife is not much of a rib eater so I will do ribs when I can I have an in person card game. if doing a long cook do I need to refill charcoal?

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            On the pork butt it makes no difference whether you hang or grate. That's why I use the grate. It's easier. You should be able to load it up and carry the pork to completion. But if you run out of fuel feel free to finish it off in the oven. You won't need additional smoke after the first hour or two. But I'm thinking that you will be able to carry it off in the barrel without more fuel unless the shoulder weighs 20 lbs.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here