Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other than capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than capacity

What are the advantages, if any, of a PBC over a BGE or compared to a BGE. I ask for a simple reason. I have a large BGE and a Wolf gas 36. I have ordered a Party Gator offset from Gator Pits, recently. Delivery time on the Party Gator is around 9-10 months....meaning it won't be available for prime SEC Football tailgating, which we do every weekend in my back yard. Thus, I was considering ordering a PBC to get me through this winter, and beyond. I love everything I have read and heard about PBC.....also, has anyone tried a suckling pig or an intact animal on a PBC?

I've seen a couple pigs done, but never one myself. Capacity will be the big benefit I think, I have no problem feeding 20-30 big guys out of my PBC during football.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

One big advantage the PBC has over many other charcoal or wood burners; is how fast you can be up and running. Typically, 25-30 minutes. And at $ 299.00, it's hard to beat for the price.

oldsteve

Comment

there is a choice between teh PBC and BGE. the UDS. its 55gallons and two racks will hold a ton of meat. up and running as fast and efficient as the PBC. but with a lot more flexibility. And you can build one for less than 200. I would personally go that route.

Comment

Keep in mind the BGE can attain much higher temps than the Pit Barrel. So, if you want to bake in it, particularly pizza, it's fantastic. Also, if you live in a part of the country that has harsh winters the BGE is so well insulated that the colder temps have minimal effect on it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here