Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flintstone beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flintstone beef ribs

Since visiting Black's in Lockhart, Texas a few years ago, big beef ribs are my favorite to do/eat, slightly above brisket and good old pork ribs. My rub was similar to Meathead's Memphis dust with extra cracked black pepper and of course salt. I finished these in 4-1/2 hours to temp of around 192. On my old stick burner they took 6 hours and I wrapped for the last hour. Man these things are just great and fun to eat. I took a pic of the tag to show the price. The small packaged cut short ribs are usually $7-$8 per lb., but I talked the butcher into $4.99.

Those look delicious. Congrats on getting a good price and delicious beef ribs!

Comment

• IvyH
      IvyH commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I was shocked when they were to temp so fast and still crazy tender.

Nice cook. Those look really great.

Comment

I just drooled all over my keyboard. I do love beef ribs, and it isn't easy to find good ones in a restaurant out here on the Left Coast. When I get up to speed on smoking I will tackle some.

Comment

• IvyH
        IvyH commented
        Editing a comment
        They're actually more forgiving than a brisket in that the cook temp isn't a huge concern as long a you stay under 275 and get a meat temp of around 192. And when you pick up one of those monsters in your hands, see the juices flowing, it's like being a kid in a candy store. People with etiquette may want to cut the meat off the bone and slice. But I suggest just manning up and go for a huge bite...like a Flintstone.

Man, those ribs look fab! My favorite cook.

Comment

• IvyH
        IvyH commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Pappy! I'm surprised they're not more popular. But if they do become more popular, the price will jump. I'm convinced I'll get that butcher down to $3.99 which would make them a steal. I'm not complaining about $4.99 as they knocked $3 off without putting up a fight.

• PappyBBQ
        PappyBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. I have to find a butcher around me willing to haggle! I'd pay 4.99/pound with a smile on my face.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here