Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flintstone beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PappyBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Wow. I have to find a butcher around me willing to haggle! I'd pay 4.99/pound with a smile on my face.

• IvyH
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Pappy! I'm surprised they're not more popular. But if they do become more popular, the price will jump. I'm convinced I'll get that butcher down to $3.99 which would make them a steal. I'm not complaining about $4.99 as they knocked $3 off without putting up a fight.

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    Man, those ribs look fab! My favorite cook.

Leave a comment:

• IvyH
    commented on 's reply
    They're actually more forgiving than a brisket in that the cook temp isn't a huge concern as long a you stay under 275 and get a meat temp of around 192. And when you pick up one of those monsters in your hands, see the juices flowing, it's like being a kid in a candy store. People with etiquette may want to cut the meat off the bone and slice. But I suggest just manning up and go for a huge bite...like a Flintstone.

• Yno
    replied
    I just drooled all over my keyboard. I do love beef ribs, and it isn't easy to find good ones in a restaurant out here on the Left Coast. When I get up to speed on smoking I will tackle some.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Nice cook. Those look really great.

Leave a comment:

• IvyH
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I was shocked when they were to temp so fast and still crazy tender.

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Those look delicious. Congrats on getting a good price and delicious beef ribs!

Leave a comment:

• IvyH
    started a topic Flintstone beef ribs

Flintstone beef ribs

Since visiting Black's in Lockhart, Texas a few years ago, big beef ribs are my favorite to do/eat, slightly above brisket and good old pork ribs. My rub was similar to Meathead's Memphis dust with extra cracked black pepper and of course salt. I finished these in 4-1/2 hours to temp of around 192. On my old stick burner they took 6 hours and I wrapped for the last hour. Man these things are just great and fun to eat. I took a pic of the tag to show the price. The small packaged cut short ribs are usually $7-$8 per lb., but I talked the butcher into $4.99.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here