Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another Monday night on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another Monday night on the PBC

Small chuck roast, dry brined overnight. On the PBC at about 9:30 in the morning, double hooked for safety (once charcoaled, twice shy!). KBB with some hickory chunks. PBC settled down nicely to around 280 or so. Meat got up to 150 quickly, then very slowly to about 175. Wrapped in foil and placedit on the grill at 175 at about 3 pm. Let it go to 210, then off the PBC and into the Cambro. Meat was pulled and dinner was served at 6 pm, and it was (as usual) yummy! Love my PBC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1351.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	904436

Looks perfect. So how much time total in the cooker?

Comment

Total time was just about 6.5 to 7 hours. It was a small chuck roast--only about 3-4 pounds.

Comment

Yummy....I need to do one of these again.

Comment

Very nice and it's one of my favorite cooks.

Comment

Hard to find chuckies larger then that around here. Looks GREAT! PBC, PBJ, PBC!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, 3lbs. bout th typical offerin in th stores, I can git bigger from local butchers...

I actually kinda prefer smokin up multiple 3 lb.ers... goes faster, when I need quantity, than 1/more big ol thick honkers...

One of my favs on the PBC

Comment

I keep saying I’m going to do one. Looks great.

Comment

Smoked chuck is becoming quite the family favourite over here. Try it with some of Meathead’s Texas Juice.
                Last edited by BigBry; September 3, 2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Love me some PBC chuckie. It's the secret ingredient to my award winning chili.....crap

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I make chuck chili, alla th time, since way back ('80's );

SO VERY MUCH much more flavourful, rich, savoury

80/20 chuck i chili (almost aways with TN Pride Hot 50:50) is reserved fer instant gratification weeknight canned chili...still dang dang good, but a Distant 2nd place to a well crafted, long simmered, (sometimes 2-3 days, ideally dutch oven fulla pulled Chuck Chili...
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 2, 2020, 06:17 PM.

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, wow, wow! Hold on there a minuet BigCountryQ are you tell us that a member of the grilla grills crew is admitting to owning a PBC?
                    LoL! PBC, PBJ, PBC! All is well in the BBQ world!!!

• BigCountryQ
                    BigCountryQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HawkerXP that is correct! Just like anything else, there's always a right tool for the job! I actually have 6 different cookers in my backyard and 2 at the cabin. It's a BigCountry after all!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here