Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomahawk and it's little friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomahawk and it's little friends

Got to finally use my grill great, buy my pit barrel was not cooperating temperatures down in the 240ish and finally decided to go way up the end of the cook, I think I will give it 20 min after putting in the hot coals to warm up
    Attached Files

Great looking cook

Comment

Nice. I use my GG's upside down. Solid Sear results.

Comment

Thanks for pics,
        My BBQ Bucket List is growing faster than I can keep up.

Comment

So were you happy with the results? I would think that the fire is so far below the grate in a PBC, that it might be hard to cook a steak. A big thick tomahawk like that needs a slow cook to near done, and either a good hard front or reverse sear.

Also, for Grillgrates, an IR thermometer works well to tell you the actual grate temperature that is being conducted to the meat. An air probe is not giving you the full picture.
          Last edited by jfmorris; August 27, 2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Alphatrex
            Alphatrex commented
            Editing a comment
            I liked the results I was just looking for more sear marks.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here