Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Cook in the PBC: Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Cook in the PBC: Chicken

My wife wanted chicken so it seemed a good place as any. Full chicken, split in two, with some extra drumsticks for the kid. Threw together a basic rub of Italian herbs, garlic, smoked paprika, ground mustard, salt and black pepper, rubbed them down and let it sit overnight. Cook was a couple hours. I was going to glaze them the last fifteen with BBQ sauce, but when I pulled them out to check the temperature they smelled so freaking good that I just left them as is and served sauce on the side. Very juicy, great flavor, and a hit all the way around.
    Attached Files

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

Winner, winner.

Kathryn

Comment

• ColonialDawg
        ColonialDawg commented
        Editing a comment
        Chicken dinner. PBC.

Wait until you hang some wibs in that barrel! Like the chicken, wibs and most other meat finishes earlier then the norm and ....well, has a special flavor all its own.

Comment

The PBC rocks in so many ways without a lot of thinkin’ other than what rub do you want to use

Comment

Nice Job, looks like some carefully done, juicy yardbird!

Comment

Read too fast, thought you left the chicken in the PBC overnight.

Comment

• BFlynn
              BFlynn commented
              Editing a comment
              😂😂

• Alabama Smoke
              Alabama Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that would have turned into chicken leather........great crispy skin though!

Wow, great first cook! What fzxdoc said.

Comment

Great first cook!
              Break in that shiny PBC

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here