Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leg O' Lamb on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg O' Lamb on the PBC

I'm currently dry brining a leg o' lamb that I'm going to put on the PBC tonight. This is my first time doing this on the PBC, and I'll be (mostly) following THIS recipe from the site. I'll have to make a bit of an adjustment since this won't be a "two-zone" cook. I am planning to just cook it to temperature without searing. If anybody has any other advice, please let me know.

I want to get it right, because A) I always want to do my best when cooking for the family. But also B) because this a lamb that we raised ourselves. (For the past three years, we have raised a couple of our own lambs...and chickens...and pigs.) There's nothing quite like being a part of the whole process from start to finish. When you do this, you don't want to waste anything.
    Attached Files

There is a great vid on the PBC website on hanging a bone in leg of lamb
    thats the method I would approach it with,,,,maybe with a mod or 2
    pretty much spot on I’m thinkin’
    I do ribz, chicken, chuckies and briskets On my PBC with great success
    gotta try a LOL sometime soon

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done it this way, drilled hole and hung, turned out great!

Please give us pictures with results! Love smoked lamb.

Comment

The leg o' lamb turned out wonderful. A beautifully simple recipe and the PBC rocked it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man. Yummy. Wifey and I are both lamb lovers. I don’t have a PBC, but maybe I need to get one!!

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP, que the chant for Jfrosty27 pbc, pbc, pbc...

I bet it was DEEEELISH !

Comment

That looks great!

It's too bad I'm the only one here that likes lamb. More leftovers for me.

Comment

Man that looks good.

Comment

Congratulations! 🐑Baaa PBC, 🐑Baaa PBC, 🐑Baa PBC! 🐑

Comment

That looks fantastic.I grew up on lamb being cooked more than beef with family roots from the Baltic region. My wife hates it so it's not grilled or smoked at home nearly as much as when I was a kid. Might have some lamb this weekend to take care of a craving. I also will have plenty of leftovers.
              Last edited by Whiskeyman53; July 29, 2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here