Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plate modification for Auber fan- Mini-Test Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plate modification for Auber fan- Mini-Test Drive

Upon further examination (aka after my initial cook), I found that the bottom third of the intake for my Auber fan was directing air towards the gap b/n my charcoal basket and ash pan. I noticed ash blowing out the original intake when the fan kicked on during my 400 degree burger grillin' bonanza. I go/went figured that a small diversion was in order.

With ash still on the ash pan and no fuel burning, I tested with the plate and without.

Without the plate, plenty ash circulation. Pit temp was 79 degrees, and the Auber was set for 260, so the little fan was gearing up for an "air fest."

With the plate, NO ash at the slightest. I had a headlight on to be sure. I also felt air passing on both sides of the plate nicely.

True test will be when multiple butts hit the stall Sunday morning around 4 a.m.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010005.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	87938 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010004.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	87939

Hopefully it works out!

Comment

Clever mod, Jerod Broussard . You'll get that thing working perfectly with your PBC, one tweak at a time. Good luck with the multiple PB cookfest.

Kathryn

Comment

Bout to hang the butts, I used the mod on a rib cook this evening. I intentionally under-lit, and set the fan for 285. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here