Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junior got some upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior got some upgrades.

I went on a barbecue area cleaning rampage yesterday and in the process I finally cleaned the lid on the PBJr. so I could install the gasket that's been sitting on my desk for the last two years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5138.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	878532

Hopefully that'll eliminate that pesky lid leak. I also moved a bottle opener from it's functionally useless place on the back fence to someplace much more useful.

Name:	IMG_5139.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	878534

Now I've just got to figure out how it cooks with the gasket. So.

Name:	IMG_5144.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	878530

Name:	IMG_5145.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	878531

Dry brined and in the fridge until tomorrow morning, when we shall see how this goes.

Plus, every thing went from dirty:

Name:	IMG_5135.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	878533

To shiny

Name:	IMG_5136.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	878529

And happy

Name:	IMG_5137.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	878528

But, really, I think the bottle opener's going to make all the difference.

Nice!!

Comment

Sweet. I broke out the power washer a couple summers ago on the pits.

Comment

You’ve inspired me so tomorrow will be dedicated to a deep cleaning to the cookers!!

Comment

I just added a gasket to both my Napoleon kettle and my PBC this past week. Did some Ballistic BBQ Chicken on the PBC and didn't see any smoke from the lid. Haven't tried the Nap yet though. :-) I also installed one of the Weber probe grommets on the Nap. That was a chore. Apparently using a cheap step bit when drilling through stainless steel makes for a tough go.

Comment

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            For future reference...you need to drill through stainless quickly. Keeping the bit oiled helps as well. If you let the stainless get too hot it will harden.

Looks great. BTW, what width tape did you install on the PBC lid? Looks good too. Let us know how or if it improves your cook.

Comment

Lookin good! PBJ, PBJ, PBJ!

Comment

So far, so good. Got the butt on at 8:35 AM, temp's holding steady and there's no visible leakage from the lid.

Name:	IMG_5151.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	878851

Comment

Three hours in, butt's at 150, pit temp is cruising at 280.

Name:	IMG_5153.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	878974

Comment

A little over 7.5 hours it's 205 and probing like BUTTAHHHH. Junior held 280 for the first 4 hours, fell to 265 when the butt was between 165-185, briefly jumped to 320 and then finished around 250. I think I'll call the gasket a clear win.

Name:	IMG_5155.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	879123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5156.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	879124

Resting for a bit before I pull.

Name:	IMG_5157.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	879125

Comment

Man, the pressure washer needs to come out a my house! But since it's 100 with a heat index of 111 even now, it will have to wait.

Comment

• BFlynn
                    BFlynn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At least you have that "dryish heat".
                    Even at 5 am, it's swampy here!

Having a contest to see if I sweat more from smoking chicken wings or eating the chicken wings

• Soonerpop
                    Soonerpop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dry-ish. Hmm. Humidity has been really high for here, moving those heat index #s right up there. Lots of 100° days in sight, too.

I don't understand?! whats this thing called cleaning your lid

Comment

I hate to be nitpicky, but it looks like you've got just a teensy bit more work to do before that Char Broil gasser gets to the "shiny" state. 🙃

That butt looks awesome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here