Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first cook on my new PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Wat
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome and all the tips for the brisket i will definitely post a shot when i'm finished!

Leave a comment:

• Soonerpop
    replied
    Nice. You’ll enjoy The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Beautiful chicken! Welcome from south Texas!

Leave a comment:

• N227GB
    replied
    I believe that hanging meat puts it in the "magic convection zone". Also some things, like chuckies, will tend to sag during the cook which allows for more surface area to collect smoke.

Welcome to the PBC world! You have a lot of great cooks in your future.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Outstanding! When I pulled up this post it came up first with the view of the birds. It was a stunning entrance.
    Personally, I’d hang the brisket. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    Brisket,,,, I have cooked several 14# ers,at different times of course
    always hung them ,daisey chain, and had no problem
    hit the stall and wrap and check ur coals

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit and the PBC club! That barrel is one chicken cookin machine! Be sure to check out this area of the channels section for all things PBC. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-barrel-cooker

I agree that hanging is the way with a 14LB brisket. Please double hook and measure the length of your hunk of meat to compare to the distance from rebar to charcoal basket. I've had to use a third hook to keep the end out of the coals.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Chicken cookin' moesheen fo sho!

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Welcome from Maryland. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. Great lookin' birds!

Leave a comment:

• shify
    replied
    Awesome. Congrats on a great cook. Personally I hang everything if possible, so I’d hang the brisket and daisy chain it and might even pull and put on the grate after the stall even if you don’t wrap

Leave a comment:

• clb239
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from Farmville, Va...

I love my PBC. I failed at chicken until I got mine. It is my go to for ribs and chicken and one or two butts...

Leave a comment:

• tdimond
    replied
    I hang briskets flat-down until I wrap, then on the grate until it's done. Haven't lost one yet!

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    I luv PBC,,,,Pit Barrel Chicken !!!!

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Good looking birds!

Personally, I'd hang the brisket. But I'm sure it will. Come out great either way.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here