Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first cook on my new PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first cook on my new PBC

Hi everyone this would also be my first post here Anyways my first cook on this beauty was a couple of birds pretty much following the standard instructions. I cracked the lid at the end of the cook to try and get the skin just right, not sure if it would have worked just as well without doing that but I guess I will find out in future cooks. I don't think I have ever had such a juicy bird before! Pretty impressed with this cook and am looking forward to doing a 14lb packer brisket next. Would you all suggest hanging the brisket or putting in on the grate? Anyways thank you in advance and great to be here!

Scott

Good looking birds!

Personally, I'd hang the brisket. But I'm sure it will. Come out great either way.

Comment

I luv PBC,,,,Pit Barrel Chicken !!!!

Comment

I hang briskets flat-down until I wrap, then on the grate until it's done. Haven't lost one yet!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Farmville, Va...

I love my PBC. I failed at chicken until I got mine. It is my go to for ribs and chicken and one or two butts...

Comment

Awesome. Congrats on a great cook. Personally I hang everything if possible, so I’d hang the brisket and daisy chain it and might even pull and put on the grate after the stall even if you don’t wrap

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Great lookin' birds!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Good job!

Comment

Chicken cookin' moesheen fo sho!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and the PBC club! That barrel is one chicken cookin machine! Be sure to check out this area of the channels section for all things PBC. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-barrel-cooker

I agree that hanging is the way with a 14LB brisket. Please double hook and measure the length of your hunk of meat to compare to the distance from rebar to charcoal basket. I've had to use a third hook to keep the end out of the coals.

Comment

Brisket,,,, I have cooked several 14# ers,at different times of course
                      always hung them ,daisey chain, and had no problem
                      hit the stall and wrap and check ur coals

Comment

Outstanding! When I pulled up this post it came up first with the view of the birds. It was a stunning entrance.
                        Personally, I’d hang the brisket. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

I believe that hanging meat puts it in the "magic convection zone". Also some things, like chuckies, will tend to sag during the cook which allows for more surface area to collect smoke.

Welcome to the PBC world! You have a lot of great cooks in your future.

Comment

Beautiful chicken! Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Nice. You’ll enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here