Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feels Like Christmas Morning, or, How Sad Am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels Like Christmas Morning, or, How Sad Am I?

I haven't had a chance to test my FireBoard 2 Drive with the Pit Viper fan and my XL Dome Adaptor on my PBC yet, but I'm getting close. Since I want to test it before making any permanent mods to my beloved PBC, I've decided to use some flue tape to attach the adaptor to the outside of the barrel. My wife just left to run some errands in town, one of which is to get me some flue tape from the hardware store (she needs some other things from there as well, in this day and age I wouldn't ask her to make a trip just for the tape) and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for her to get back with my tape. :-) I'll report back on how the experiment turns out. As I've learned over the years and numerous failed experiments, no food will be harmed during the course of the experiment. :-)

If you had gone shopping for her you wouldn't be faced with the anticipation anxiety and would have scored some brownie points as well.

Comment

Love it!

I went ahead and just installed the XL adapter.

Did some rough estimation and the opening in the XL dome adapter is about the same area as the bottom vent opened 1/4...... So at least for me, just not having the pit viper attached is pretty close to default

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, first test will be how well I can do low and slow, second will be barrel temp with the adaptor in place but no fan.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here