Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless skinless chicken breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New2Cue
    commented on 's reply
    They look fantastic!

• JHawk635
    replied
    Well...it's my turn to give this a try. First of all, late last night my wife mentioned she bought a chicken so I woke up thinking about how I was going to smoke a chicken. Then the horror set in when I saw she had bought four huge boneless, skinless chicken breasts. So I came here to get a few clues on how to deal with these. I have a huge offset smoker, so I was thinking that I should just put charcoal on one side of the main grill and try to get the temperature way up there. I never really cook anything this hot indirectly so this should be interesting. Maybe a couple of hickory logs on top? going to need some heat.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Good deal. Plenty corn in storage.

• Ernest
    replied
    Chuck That temp didn't get away from you, that's the proper way of lighting a PBC for birds. Start HOT!!!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod Broussard we feed our chickens and women lots of corn 😊

• ghipes
    replied
    A couple weeks ago, I put 10lb of boneless skinless breast on the pbc. I hung them all with a simple rub. Cooked at about 250ish for just over an hour or so. Came out great! I shredded them for bbq samies and chicken salad for later in the week. Loved them!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    Bacon? Don't know about that......I like bacon all by itself. Hmmmm, PBC bacon on a pizza stone, interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Kathryn.........I look forward to seeing your results.

• barney
    replied
    Wrap those monsters with bacon. Umm-good.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts were my only fail (so far) on the PBC. I tried doing them for my second cook ever, before learning about bumping the smoker temp up to 325+ for poultry. I've never made them again.

Now that I've seen your great results, Chuck , I'm going to give them another try. Thanks for posting your results--those photos are drool-worthy.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    commented on 's reply
    cool, I'm in Daviess County

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    OK, they run BIG chickens in that plant up there. We got a bag of frozen Tyson breasts and the Plant number wasn't familiar. I looked it up and the bag was from a plant in Kentucky, and them breasts were HUGE.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Chuck the chicken looks great. I'm also from Ky 90 miles south of Louisville

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    Jerod....I'm in west KY, about a 100 miles west of Louisville......Tyson Brand chicken.

They turned out pretty dam good, even the breast. I actually hung each each leg but for some reason I didn't take a pic of that. On this cook, before adding the meat, the temperature got away from me (I got distracted briefly) and hit 512....without the lid and the probe just below the rebar.

I choked it down until the close to 325 before adding the meat. I dry brined several hrs, S&G rub on all pieces and on some also added MHMD. I did transfer the legs to the grate at the end to crisp the skin...it was delish....best chicken I've ever cooked.
    Last edited by Chuck; May 31, 2015, 11:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    I frequently cook them at over 400 indirect. Get them up to temp as quick as possible.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here