Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBJ or PBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N227GB
    replied
    I do chuckies instead of brisket these days but with a PBCjr you need to keep in mind the smaller diameter when choosing big cuts of meat. I was really proud of the big butt I found on sale at Winn Dixie a few years back until it was time to wrap and set on the grate.

Unless your FIL cooks for crowds or is the kind of outdoor cook that stocks up like crazy whenever charcoal is on sale, he'll probably not like the amount a full-size PBC eats up.

Leave a comment:

• RobertC
    replied
    The full-sized drum appears much more popular here but I think there are advantages to each and, for my situation, I'm pretty happy with my "junior-sized" 14" drum cooker. Here's a post with a couple of photos. I've cooked a 14-pound turkey in it -- I'm not sure I could've fit a 22-pounder, but then I don't need to cook 22-pound turkeys. If you're eventually going to give it to your father-in-law, how often will he need the larger capacity? Will he have to move the barrel by himself?

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sized-14-drums
    Last edited by RobertC; June 5, 2020, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    replied
    Take them at face value. The foremost difference is capacity.

Leave a comment:

• Guttenberg
    started a topic PBJ or PBC?

PBJ or PBC?

Looking for some community advice here - I'm temporarily displaced from NYC and looking to pick up a Pit Barrel for the summer, ultimately to hand over to my father-in-law. The biggest meal that I think would every be cooked would be a thanksgiving turkey or a packer brisket - nothing crazy. It looks like the PBJ may be a fine size for me, but before I went and bought it wanted to ask the crowd for any watchouts or if there's a reason to shell out the extra 100 for the big guy? What do ya'll think ?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here