Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ELSE do you like to cook on the PBC -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ELSE do you like to cook on the PBC -

Everyone seems to like the obvious choices - Brisket, Pork butt, and Ribs. Plus, chicken halves are great.

What else do you like on the PBC? What's the 5th thing on your PBC menu?

Jalapeno popper bombs and shrimp boils.

Comment

I'm still deciding, but getting closer to the PBC. For smoking in general, in addition to the foods you listed, I also love turkey, salmon and beef short rib.

Comment

Some of the quicker cooking items: all the sausages, especially breakfast sausage w/MMD, Bacon w/MMD, MOINK Balls, and veggies for salsa. I like these because they give me a reason to open the lid and check on the longer cooks. The breakfast sausage and bacon is the best!

I also like to do chili, both red and verde, on the PBC too. I usually do this by itself and book end the cook with items from above

If I'm finishing off charcoal, nachos or tortilla pizzas on pizza stone.

Comment

• BFlynn
          BFlynn commented
          Editing a comment
          MOINK balls?!?! had to look that up. My brain just melted! Those are happening for sure.

I like to do my chili inside so the whole house smells like chili! But I could see throwing some meat on the PBC before it goes into the chili pot.

I did peaches the other day. I followed the recipe attached at the bottom .They came out quite delicious!

Comment

I smoked some Homemade Brats a couple weeks ago. I set a chimney with just a few lit coals in it. It was kind of hard to get the heat as low as I wanted.

Comment

Beans - and the barrel beans recipe on their site is the bomb.

Comment

• Sam6687
              Sam6687 commented
              Editing a comment
              I cant like this comment enough, barrel beans are the best.

Besides those, wings and Italian sausage are my two other most commonly cooked items.

I have also cooked steaks and smoked a chuck that eventually made its way into chili.

Comment

• BFlynn
              BFlynn commented
              Editing a comment
              I've done 2 chuckies.
              1.came out great. It'll be in the constant rotation.

I've done Pork Belly, Pork Belly Burnt Ends, Fatty, Meatloaf, Pork Loin, Prime Rib Roast, Turkey Breast. That is what comes to mind quickly.

Comment

Turkey breast, bacon wrapped boneless chicken thighs, prime rib, Chuckie, Dinosaur bones, beef sticks (amazing transformation), chicken skins, Whiskey Maple cured pork bellies. And on Easter...
              Attached Files

Comment

• cashelton
                cashelton commented
                Editing a comment
                your hook method is...on point!

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                The EASTER BUNNY!?!

Disney turkey legs (Meathead’s recipe), and I like to do a nice pork loin roast once in a while.

Comment

Smoked meatloaf is great as are beans of any kind.

Comment

meatheads chilli recipe, I smoke the meat and veggies on the PBC. Then make the chilli, the husky smoke flavor the PBC imparts does it real good!!

Comment

Chicken Lollipops and Bacon-Covered Smoked Meatloaf.

Pastrami. OMGoodness, the pastrami.

Kathryn

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                      Dadof3Illinois commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We love smoked meatloaf but when it's done on the PBC, it get's that deep smokey/charcoal flavor...YUM!! Plus when it's covered in bacon who can resist!!!...HA

+1 for Pastrami and Pork Belly

Comment

• Mark V
                      Mark V commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pork belly. Makin' bacon! Here is where added wood makes a notable difference on the PBC for those who do not add wood at all. Lots of different flavors! I rank them so far in order as hickory, pecan, cherry, apple, post oak, and mesquite for bacon.

• BourBonQ
                      BourBonQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True, Mark V , I almost always add wood to my PBC. Usually some combination of hickory/pecan/oak/cherry. Not a huge fan of mesquite though.
                      Last edited by BourBonQ; June 3, 2020, 09:29 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here